aamc 3/4/5

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

yessira

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was just wondering what you guys think about aamc 3, 4, and 5 in terms of resemblance to the actual test. I know the later aamc exams are better than these, but are these 3 tests easier? harder? irrelevant? Specifically, its the PS and VR sections which I am curious about because I have been doing terribly in them for these 3 tests. If my question has been covered before, could someone let me know the link? Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

I was just wondering what you guys think about aamc 3, 4, and 5 in terms of resemblance to the actual test. I know the later aamc exams are better than these, but are these 3 tests easier? harder? irrelevant? Specifically, its the PS and VR sections which I am curious about because I have been doing terribly in them for these 3 tests. If my question has been covered before, could someone let me know the link? Thanks.

I had a range of 33 to 39 for the 5 Kaplan and 5 AAMC tests I took...AAMC 3 and 4 were the lowest scores I got...I think the single lowest VR score I got on any test was AAMC 3...

Members don't see this ad :)
AAMC #3-5 are generally considered to be by far the easiest AAMC FLs.

Wasn't my experience, but whatever...and if you look on the 30+ thread where people have painstakingly listed their scores, I detected a pattern of lower scores on AAMC 3 and 4 than on the later ones...

well, that's a kick straight to the crotch

It depends what you mean by easiest though. I scored lowest on 3 and 4, but that was because I was using them as my first practice exams. As time went on my scores started improving over the other AAMC exams. Looking back, however, I'd still say that 3 and 4 are the easiest exams. You just have to remember that your preparation level, and your comfort with the MCAT examination style at the time you took the exam matters too. :)

I actually thought AAMC 5 was the hardest of all eight of them.

I just took this one and I too found it to be more difficult. Too much genchem and orgo! However, I felt at the end that I was beaten by it.. but still managed to make a somewhat decent score, 27 (8PS 10VR 9 BS). If I had not made very silly mistakes due to my frustration with the test, (6 obvious questions wrong) I would have had a 30. I still have 5 weeks and my goal is 35-37 so hopefully I can make marked improvements in the next few weeks.

I thought 8 was the hardest. But I thought 3 was tough for some reason, though most here say it is the easiest.

I thought 8 was the hardest. But I thought 3 was tough for some reason, though most here say it is the easiest.

I'll get to 8 in a week and a half. I thought 3 wasn't as easy, though I did score my highest on it. But so far, I have not found any of the bio passages representative from AAMC 3 to 5. I am a retaker and remember the Bio passages being a lot more dense.... alot of molecular bio and molecular genetics and I haven't seen that on these 3 AAMC exams. Though the orgo seems representative.