AAMC 3R close to real thing?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

king_robert12

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey I just took the AAMC 3R and did pretty well on it (12V, 8PS, 12BS) and just wanted to make sure I wasn't getting my hopes up for nothing. If anybody out there could tell me how close their scores were from 3R to the real thing I would really appreciate it. Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Take some others. Most people think 3R is easy. I did 3pts better on 3R than the real thing. Others did 8pts better on 3R.

I think 5R was perhaps the most challenging for me.. 6R was just sloppy. The rest were pretty easy.

Members don't see this ad :)
I just took AAMC 3R verbal.. anyone have any thoughts. I'm not a good verbal person.. but I got a very high 9-10. I thought some passages were kind of easy, but there were still some crappy passages (li).. anyway.. let me know what you all think

Well, I'm just getting mixed results:
(in the order they were taken)

AAMC 5R - 12 ps, 9 v, 11 bs
AAMC 6R - 11 ps, 13 v, 12 bs

Just took this today and...
AAMC 3R - 11 ps, 11 v, 10 bs

Well, hmmmm.....I don't know what to think. I thought 6R was the hardest of the 3 and 3R was the easiest, but judging from my scores, it doesn't look like it.

I would say that there wasn't any practice test that was quite like the real thing. For what it's worth I scored 30 on 3R and 34 on the real deal in 4/2003.