AAMC 3R - tell me what to think

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

cynicalpinnacle

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
okay, im not sure what to think. i've taken taken 2 kaplan FL's and they have been incredibly depressing. 25, 27 respectively.

today, i decided to take the AAMC full length 3. i got a 35 (13 Physical, 12 Verbal, 10 Bio)

i was amazed because i got 8's on Physical on the Kaplans and 7's on the verbal.

reading thru this site, people seem to think that AAMC verbal is rather easy. what about the other 2 sections?

what should i think!!! :confused:

Members don't see this ad.

AAMC #3 is really old so it's not a great predictor. When did you take each test? If you took them relatively close to one another I'd go with the Kap scores as the more accurate.

The problem with 3R in general is that it is written in "Old" format. It's on the computer, but the sections are still the length of the written test, not the computerized one.

Any test is a good test, as long as you use it just for that and don't get too hung up on the numbers.

I think Kaplan PS is ridiculous. I've taken 1 Kaplan FL and bombed this section. I've taken 2 AAMC tests and found that the VR section is much more straightforward than Kaplan/Examkrackers. Kaplan BS seems about the same as AAMC's I've taken so far. I took AAMC's 9 and 10.

Members don't see this ad :)
The problem with 3R in general is that it is written in "Old" format. It's on the computer, but the sections are still the length of the written test, not the computerized one.

Any test is a good test, as long as you use it just for that and don't get too hung up on the numbers.

no they are not(?) i had 52,40,52 questions per section (P,V,B) respectively.

yeah, i find that Bio is consistent. not sure about the other 2. crazy

no they are not(?) i had 52,40,52 questions per section (P,V,B) respectively.

yeah, i find that Bio is consistent. not sure about the other 2. crazy

I think what she means is that the passages on the paper versions of tests are shorter than the passages you will find in the strictly CBT versions. For instance, CBT 8 might have verbal passages that avg. 650 words whereas AAMC 3 might average around 550 or so. I'm making these numbers up, but the point is clear I think.