aamc 3r

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

sharpnerd00

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
what's the deal with this test?
i noticed a lot of people didn't take it in their practicing for the exam.
i got a pretty low score in VR compared to previously.
having a slight heart attack.
explain?
i fear i might have just sucked and it wasn't the test's fault.

Members don't see this ad.

sharpnerd00 said:
what's the deal with this test?
i noticed a lot of people didn't take it in their practicing for the exam.
i got a pretty low score in VR compared to previously.
having a slight heart attack.
explain?
i fear i might have just sucked and it wasn't the test's fault.

as in... i got a 14 on the kaplan fulllength and now i got an 8 on 3r --

-- should i buy ek's 101 verbal passages and practice like crazy?

AAMC is considered an out of date test in comparion to AAMC 4R-7R so that may be a reason why some people don't take it.

get EK 101 verbal and do 1-2 passages/week and you should see your score go up. No sense in studying for the PS and BS and not preparing for verbal.

sharpnerd00 said:

sharpnerd00 said:

Hey:

Can you guys suggest any verbal practicing material? except, EK101, kaplan verbal, TPR verbal. I feel like I need to practice constantly not to get rusty.

thanks.

Members don't see this ad :)
sharpnerd00 said:

I actually did better on the 3R verbal than I've been doing on the Examkrackers verbal tests (as in, some of the Examkrackers tests made me panic), so I guess they're probably pretty good practice. The 3R is actually the only practice test I've taken so far so I can't really say if I thought it was harder/easier than others. Hope this helps a little.

diosa428 said:
I actually did better on the 3R verbal than I've been doing on the Examkrackers verbal tests (as in, some of the Examkrackers tests made me panic), so I guess they're probably pretty good practice. The 3R is actually the only practice test I've taken so far so I can't really say if I thought it was harder/easier than others. Hope this helps a little.

Same here as far as Verbal 3r goes. I did it today and did better on verbal then on other tests taken in the past.

I recently took it and actually did much worse than i usually do on kaplan full lengths. I found that the verbal for 3R was easier to get through however the curve was harsh. Same with physical sciences and bio. They were both easier to get through than the kaplan material. However, the kaplan curve is nicer. I feel somewhat dissapointed. A month ago i got a 27 on kaplan #6. 10P, 8V , 9B. And in the AAMC 3R, i got a 21. (8P, 6V, 7B). Anyone ever have such a large difference when taking full lengths within this amount of time? I dont think it was a fluke cuz percentage wise, they are the same raw score about. But the curves are different. what do you think? I feel dejected

you guys, what about the verbal passages in the EK MINI MCATs. did anyone try those? i feel i do better in the 101 verbal series than the MINI MCAT series.

shuzee said:
you guys, what about the verbal passages in the EK MINI MCATs. did anyone try those? i feel i do better in the 101 verbal series than the MINI MCAT series.
I got 12P,8V,12B from 3R. I get usually higher in P and B, however in this one 10 mistakes from each of them and I am at 12. VErbal for me is always between 8-10.

i scored 5 points higher on this practice exam than i did on the real thing. 4-7 were more on par with my real grade.

on a closer look, i screwed up on the whole confucius passage.
waah ... it must have been the difficult passage. +pity+

sharpnerd00 said:
on a closer look, i screwed up on the whole confucius passage.
waah ... it must have been the difficult passage. +pity+
echo that. I had 3-4 wrong out of 7 I think. Well, that was the hardest passage.

Can anyone give me a copy of the aamc 3r solutions. I would really appreacaite it. thanks. :)

I got killed on the confusious passage and the Greek passage.

The greek passage had a lot of names in the questions and I had to keep going back to the passage. I used to be faithful to EK's no underlining mantra but I underline names now!

huseyin said:
echo that. I had 3-4 wrong out of 7 I think. Well, that was the hardest passage.

blz said:
i scored 5 points higher on this practice exam than i did on the real thing. 4-7 were more on par with my real grade.

Did you take any of EK's exams? If so, how did you do? I have gotten roughly the same scores so far on AAMC 5R, 3R, EK 1g, EK 2f...it's starting to worry me...

natureboy said:
Did you take any of EK's exams? If so, how did you do? I have gotten roughly the same scores so far on AAMC 5R, 3R, EK 1g, EK 2f...it's starting to worry me...

EK Exams - 28-31
PR exams - 31-33
Kaplan - 31-35
AAMC - 33-40 (40 on 3r)

real test - 12P 11V 12B

Nexthova9 said:
Can anyone give me a copy of the aamc 3r solutions. I would really appreacaite it. thanks. :)

You should be able to get your own copy without having to pay anything just by registering an account at www.e-mcat.com

This is the free test, so you should be able to get unlimited access both to this test and to the solutions.