AAMC 4R Consensus

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Dr Gerrard

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
So whats the general consensus on AAMC 4R?

I saw some threads which claimed it was easier, others which claimed that this was their lowest score.

Members don't see this ad.

So whats the general consensus on AAMC 4R?

I saw some threads which claimed it was easier, others which claimed that this was their lowest score.

Well. I think all the AAMCs are equally hard..the only difference for me was their curve. If you can miss 3 questions and make a 15, I don't care what's on it I'll still consider it easy. If you have to make 46/52 for a 10, I consider that hard even its easier subjects.

So to answer you I found it SLIGHTLY easier but on par with the rest of the exams.

8 and 10 stood out to me the most but score were actually highest on these

I just scored it and got a 13/11/12!!!

How is the VR on this compared to others? When I started EK101, I got an 8 on the first two tests. Then I got a 10 on the third test. I got a 9 and 10 on Kaplan FLs 1 and 2. Then I got an 11 on here.

I am aiming for a 34 on the real thing.

However, my average thus far is not so great, but I have increased on every FL I have taken.

AAMC 3 --- 10/9/10
Kaplan FL1 --- 11/9/11
Kaplan FL2 --- 12/10/12
AAMC 4 --- 13/11/12 --- I missed 5 questions on 1 passage in bio, because I did not read the passage.

What do you all think?
Do you recommend always reading the bio passages before answering the questions?

Are you pressed for time on the bio?

I'd suggest always reading the passages before looking at the questions, because you'll be able to get an idea of what the experiment or paragraph is trying to do. Plus you'll likely be able to direct your search a bit better once you read the questions.

Members don't see this ad :)
I do the older versions, the 77 questions and 100 minutes version, and I usually finish all three sections with approximately 10 minutes to spare.

How does this compare to the newer version?

With Bio in particular, is 10 minutes enough time for me to go through and read all passages? I figure I would then save some time on referring back to the passage as well though.

Read all the passages. A lot of the answers don't require outside knowledge, the questions will try to trick you and make you think it's something that you learned before. They'll give you some answers that you think are right but are contradicted by the passage.

Is it true that AAMC 3 and 4 cover topics NOT required on today's MCAT?
If so, does anyone know what these topics are?

THanks!