1. Hey Guest! Check out the 3 MCAT Study Plan Options listed in the 'stickies' area at the top of the forums (BoomBoom, SN2ed, and MCATJelly). Let us know which you like best.

Also, we now offer a MCAT Test-Prep Exhibitions Forum where you can ask questions directly from the test-prep services.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
  3. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Aamc 4r

Discussion in 'MCAT Discussions' started by Knickerbocker, Jul 22, 2006.

1. Knickerbocker

2+ Year Member

Dental Student
    I just finished 4R and scored one point lower than I did on 3R (which surprised me because I was expecting 10 points less).

I've read that 4R is one of the harder tests, but how does it compare to 5R, 6R, and 7/8/9R?

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. jsol

jsol Member
    5+ Year Member

Medical Student
    My highest score was from 4r but then again I took 5r and 6r 3 weeks before. Iv heard some say it was harder also but I didnt find anything too bad. If anything the verbal was tough.

4. estairella

estairella Senior Member
    10+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    I thought the AAMC 4R PS was harder than usual. The verbal was pretty easy, except the scaled scores are on a harder curve. In fact, the PS section was on a harder curve as well. I guess that partly explains it...

5. pslee

pslee Senior Member
    5+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    contrary to your experience, I think the 4R has the one of the easiest ps section out of aamc 3r-6r. Difficulty of 4R was just same as other tests, but just the curves are higher than other tests.

6. profesionaler

profesionaler New Member

Pre-Health (Field Undecided)

hey guys i just took 4r. I have the solutions, they are a bit messed up but not to bad, but i do not have the raw score conversion. If someone can tell me what each section's raw score conversion is that woudl be helpfull greatly. im very curiouse to see how i did!!! thanks in advance

7. profesionaler

profesionaler New Member

Pre-Health (Field Undecided)
    update, just found the conversion, thanks ne ways!!!