Knickerbocker

10+ Year Member
Jun 19, 2006
1,551
5
Texas
Status
Dental Student
I just finished 4R and scored one point lower than I did on 3R (which surprised me because I was expecting 10 points less).

I've read that 4R is one of the harder tests, but how does it compare to 5R, 6R, and 7/8/9R?
 

jsol

Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Nov 1, 2005
155
0
texas
Status
Medical Student
My highest score was from 4r but then again I took 5r and 6r 3 weeks before. Iv heard some say it was harder also but I didnt find anything too bad. If anything the verbal was tough.
 

estairella

Senior Member
10+ Year Member
May 7, 2006
403
1
Status
Pre-Medical
I thought the AAMC 4R PS was harder than usual. The verbal was pretty easy, except the scaled scores are on a harder curve. In fact, the PS section was on a harder curve as well. I guess that partly explains it...
 

pslee

Senior Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Dec 5, 2005
137
0
34
Status
Pre-Medical
trozman said:
I thought the AAMC 4R PS was harder than usual. The verbal was pretty easy, except the scaled scores are on a harder curve. In fact, the PS section was on a harder curve as well. I guess that partly explains it...
contrary to your experience, I think the 4R has the one of the easiest ps section out of aamc 3r-6r. Difficulty of 4R was just same as other tests, but just the curves are higher than other tests.
 

profesionaler

New Member
10+ Year Member
Jul 23, 2006
2
0
Status
Pre-Health (Field Undecided)
pslee said:
contrary to your experience, I think the 4R has the one of the easiest ps section out of aamc 3r-6r. Difficulty of 4R was just same as other tests, but just the curves are higher than other tests.


hey guys i just took 4r. I have the solutions, they are a bit messed up but not to bad, but i do not have the raw score conversion. If someone can tell me what each section's raw score conversion is that woudl be helpfull greatly. im very curiouse to see how i did!!! thanks in advance
 

profesionaler

New Member
10+ Year Member
Jul 23, 2006
2
0
Status
Pre-Health (Field Undecided)
profesionaler said:
hey guys i just took 4r. I have the solutions, they are a bit messed up but not to bad, but i do not have the raw score conversion. If someone can tell me what each section's raw score conversion is that woudl be helpfull greatly. im very curiouse to see how i did!!! thanks in advance
update, just found the conversion, thanks ne ways!!!