aamc 5R

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

blazeyellow

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi i just took my first mcat practice exam today..
I took the aamc 5R exam PS9/VR9/BS8 which is bleh but with a month left I am sure i have room to improve.
It looks like I am having lots of trouble with "oxygen containing compound" questions.. Any tips advice?

is 5R considered hard? relatively easy? just about right?
teach a n00b for this is my first post on SDN. :D

Members don't see this ad.

blazeyellow said:
I took the aamc 5R exam PS9/VR9/BS8 which is bleh but with a month left I am sure i have room to improve.
It looks like I am having lots of trouble with "oxygen containing compound" questions.. Any tips advice?

I think 5R is one of the more difficult tests...at least a decent measure of the real exam. :luck:

How does the VR section on 5R compare to the real thing? Does it have the "vague" questions and logic that I keep on hearing that the current MCAT has?

Members don't see this ad :)
blazeyellow said:

i took 5 as well and got about the same score..but thats cuz im brain dead..it was supposed to be easy...what are you having probs with?

I finished taking 5R less than 5 minutes ago and cruised on ps and bs. for some reason i didn't do so hot on the verbal, i thought it was pretty tough actually. those bloody picasso questions wouldn't stop!!!!

modelslashactor said:
I finished taking 5R less than 5 minutes ago and cruised on ps and bs. for some reason i didn't do so hot on the verbal, i thought it was pretty tough actually. those bloody picasso questions wouldn't stop!!!!

I took 5R today and thought that PS was pretty easy. The Orgo on BS was also pretty easy, but that passage about the wierd protozoan reproduction got me.

I thought the verbal was straight from hell. I hated that Picasso passage too. I know exactly what you mean -- after I answered 2 pages of questions, and I thought I was done, there were 2 more questions on a 3rd page! Ahhhhhhhh!

Overall, I managed to get a 35 (13 PS, 10 VR, and 12 BS,) so I'm not complaining too much.

Good Luck,

Jota