aamc 6 - verbal section

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

limit

Molesting my inner-child
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I just did this section, and I found that I was getting a lot more questions wrong, as compared to any kaplan practice, ek practice, aamc practice, or aamc 3.

When I look at the solutions closely, it seems as if paraphrasing is a recurring theme, i.e., the correct answer always has very close ties with a sentence from the passage, but is paraphrased to become [the correct] answer choice. Is this an accurate assertion?

What are some opinions of this sections, and how your performances have matched up by comparison?

thank

Members don't see this ad.

Let me give an example of what I mean by the above.

I'll get a question wrong. I'll look at the solutions provided by aamc, it'll say something like "answer is in accordance with lines 4-6"

I go to look at lines 4-6 and think to myself "crap, it's been in lines 4-6 all along, and here I am over-rationalizing it".

Yes, every question will be supported by information in the passage. The paraphrase answers are common. Inference and implied detail questions are a little harder, but still supported by the passage.