AAMC 7,8 and 9 SCORES ONLY

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

physiologyguy

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Since most people will be taking these to see where they are these last 2 weeks (and the practice score thread is pretty congested), let's post scores for these 3 practice exams here. These are supposed to give a good indicator of the real thing.

Members don't see this ad.

aamc 7 - 10,9,11

I was one question away from an 11 in ps and 12 in bs, that's so frustrating. We'll see how aamc 8 goes this sunday.

I took it last April.

AAMC 9: 13PS, 12VR, 13BS (38)

AAMC 7: 14PS, 12VR, 14BS (40)

AAMC 8: 12PS, 11VR (I think, might have been higher), 12 or 13 BS (35 or 36). I don't remember my BS and VR scores for sure.

I took them in that order too.

I got a 37 on the real deal - 13PS, 11VR, 13BS. Exactly one point lower in each section than on AAMC 7. ;)

Members don't see this ad :)
7- 11, 11, 11

8-10, 12, 12

9-14, 13, 12

I did real well on 9 cuz i think it was too easy....8 was pretty hard, i didnt finish the physicial, thats why i dropped....

i took 8 and got low 30s...

took 9 today at a testing center and got 28 :(

i thought it was harder than usual but everyone seems to say it was easier

maybe its cuz i had to wake up early and it was proctored and i got nervous?

either way im pretty discouraged

7 - 12,10,9
8 - 10,11,10
9 -

I'd love an 11, 11, 11 on the real thing.... happy with 10,10,10 and above

Just took AAMC 8 with the princeton review and got:

9, 9, 11 (29)
a point away from a higher score on both BS and PS....should be a 31!

I'm going to be taking 7 next saturday and 9 shortly after.

Took AAMC 7 two days ago- 12 11 11

Took Kaplan FL#4 today- 10 11 9 :mad:

How awesome is that? ....way to destroy my confidence right when I got it (all my recent practice tests have been fairly good), now i'm starting to feel anxious again....i thought I would be able to get 30+ for sure

AAMC 9 taken on 7/23/06: 10PS, 11VR, 11BS (32)
AAMC 8 taken today (8/5/06) with TPR: 12PS, 11VR, 10BS (33)
AAMC 7 to be taken 8/12/06 with TPR: ()PS, ()VR, ()BS {}

arRR!! finally broke into the 30's... woOO!

aamc 8 - P,VR,B - 9,12,10

bio seemed hard, less than two weeks to raise physics :scared:

I took AAMC 7 today and got a 28 overall with a 10 8 10. Made some stupid mistakes on bio and ps that if I did not make I would have had 11's in both sections.

Members don't see this ad :)
AAMC 7 - 13 P, 12 V, 12 B

AAMC 8 - 13 P, 12 V, 13 B

AAMC 9 - 13 P, 13 V, haven't taken B yet.

For some odd reason, I can't seem to break a 13 on any section in all the tests I've taken so far... It's maddening. Also, I've been taking the sections one at a time, so test fatigue might lower my score on the real thing.

7: 13ps, 7v, 13bs

8: 11ps, 7v, 13bs

9:??????

I have been doing bad lately on AAMC verbal i have to work that out before the test. I think I have been skipping some of the steps that I used to score good with.

Took 8 yesterday: 14/11/13 (38).

I was really surprised at PS. It was structured differently, and I thought that it wasn't as hard as 5r or 6r PS.

I just finished AAMC 7 today:
9 PS, 11V, 12 BS
I am pretty happy becasue I moved up my BS by 2 points and I was only 1 question away from a 12 in Verbal.
I am also consigning myself to a 9 in PS.
I am not sure I will take AAMC 8 as I think it will be really hard and I don't want to get discouraged 1 week from the test (any thoughts on this theory?)
I will be taking AAMC 9 next weekend.

H and D said:
9 PS, 11V, 12 BS
I am pretty happy becasue I moved up my BS by 2 points and I was only 1 question away from a 12 in Verbal.
I am not sure I will take AAMC 8 as I think it will be really hard and I don't want to get discouraged 1 week from the test (any thoughts on this theory?)

There are still 2 weeks left. I would suggest taking 8. After all, the purpose of taking practice tests is not only to determine your weaknesses, but also to get better and more comfortable with taking the test (not as a self-esteem boost, but thats sometimes a fortunate side-effect). Why not take 8 soon and take another easier test closer to the MCAT? Who knows, maybe you'll do better on 8 than you think you will...

H and D said:
9 PS, 11V, 12 BS

Nice job on 7! It looks like 5R, 6R, and 7 are all consistent. I'd say take 8. As said a couple posts up, practice exams aren't meant to be confidence boosters. They make you get used to the test format as well as teach you a little from your mistakes.

I think right now I'm settling on an 8 for VR. I would kill to have an 11 :( There's just no way for me to improve this section and that's what I dislike so much about it.

Just finished AAMC 8 and got a 9 9 10 in PS VR and BS respectively.

Two things about my VR scores and PS scores:

I could have gotten a 10 on both of those sections if it weren't for second guessing myself on at least 2-3 questions in each of those sections.

the other thing is that the scales were harder so the total number correct would have translated to a 10 on some of the other tests.

So I was very close to breaking 30 again.

I'm just happy that I kicked butt on Verbal because I reduced the number of questions I had an inclination to second guess myself on.

I got PS 10 VR 9 BS 10. I was a question away from 10 on VR. I have been studying so hard, but my scores dont show it. :(
I just want to get a 30+ on the 19th.

im quite disappointed... just finished taking 8R and got 10/9/10... less than two wks left and this is all i could muster up... very frustrating. ive been getting 30-34 on kaplan fls and the other aamc exams prior to this one... hopefully i can figure out what went wrong today and make sure it doesn't happen on test day. does anyone know how similar this practice is to the ones given last april? in terms of difficulty

AAMC 7: 13, 11, 12 = 36
AAMC 8: 13, 11, 13 = 37
AAMC 9: 10, 12, 11 = 33

Can't stand that 3 - 4 point drop. Ouch. Hope that doesn't happen on the real deal.

ctgxant said:
im quite disappointed... just finished taking 8R and got 10/9/10... less than two wks left and this is all i could muster up... very frustrating. ive been getting 30-34 on kaplan fls and the other aamc exams prior to this one... hopefully i can figure out what went wrong today and make sure it doesn't happen on test day. does anyone know how similar this practice is to the ones given last april? in terms of difficulty

I think the AAMC's are better indicators. I have heard that Kaplan's scales are a bit generous due to the difficulty of the exams. Btw, don't worry about the practice score. That is a healthy score and with extra confidence and focus on test day, you could bring up each section by two points or maybe more. Just use it as practice and don't take the numbers literally. :luck:

Kikaku21 said:

Can't stand that 3 - 4 point drop. Ouch. Hope that doesn't happen on the real deal.

Was 9 that much harder?? I have 8 and 9 to go, and my 6 and 7 have been 35 and 37. I am gunning for a 37 on the real deal.

physiologyguy said:
Was 9 that much harder?? I have 8 and 9 to go, and my 6 and 7 have been 35 and 37. I am gunning for a 37 on the real deal.

When I went back over it... I did not really think so... I don't know why it treated me so bad. Go figure.. I also hit a 37 on 6R. 8 was supposed to be the hard one...

Maybe I just had a bad day??

Could someone please post the answers to AAMC 9 (from BS) #s 165, 185, 186, 208, 210? My answer key is missing those.

7: 11PS/ 9VR/ 13BS = 33

8: 13PS/ 9VR/ 13BS = 35

9: On Sunday

8 was definitely wierd, it wasnt that it was hard as much as when I had finished I really didnt have an idea of how I had done. (since after 3r-6r i could guess my score)

Just took 7 today...
PS 13, VR 10 , BS 12 - 35
I thought it was kinda tough, but the curves are nice.

Kikaku21 said:

How did you guys do so well on the verbal on AAMC 8 and 9. I was having headache reading those passages (especially AAMC 9). What is the secret?

dont' be afraid to reread the passage. All you really need on the first run through is to learn what the author's main point is and what his/her opinion is.

i took 2 sections in 7 and then aped out. PS:12 VR:9 never in my life have i gotten a 9 and now looking around i see 9 seems to be the trend on 7, can i assume it was harder? just to reassure myself i took 3R and 5R verbal and kaplan 9 verbal and got 12s on all 3. so i do think that verbal was particularly hard.

Just finished 9. Breakdown: 32 11PS/9V/12BS

The whole time I was taking the test I thought to myself, this isn't bad at all, I got this stuff. But apparently I didn't do as well as I thought I would, and I still have a lot of room for improvement.

If I had been a more aggressive reader in verbal I think I could have brought up that score a point.

My goal is 30+ on the real thing, so hopefully this test is a good indicator of what I might receive.

Gonna take 7 on Sunday. That is the last of my practice tests.

BTW, got 31 on AAMC 8, taken a few days ago.

WilliamsF1 said:
I'm going to take 8 tomorrow, but for 7 I got: 13PS, 9VR, 12BS = 34, which is tied for my highest with 6R.
Great job Williams. You didn't think 7's VR section was insanely hard?

AWhitehair said:
Great job Williams. You didn't think 7's VR section was insanely hard?

It wasn't too bad, I was 1 q short of a 10. :( I missed 8 of 10 in the passage about wages in a high-road economy.

hey guys...i was just wondering if you guys know what i should do...

i have two practice tests left...7R and 9. I've taken 9 before...like 2 years ago...

do you guys think i should i finish with 7R or 9? it seems soo silly to be "stressing" over this...but hey, chalk it up to the pre-med in me. :oops:

^Take both, I think u still have time for 2 more practice exams. Good Luck :)

I took 8 today, PS 12, V 9, B 9.. my bio went down, I don't know why and I was so terribly sleepy during the verbal one.

tootsies! said:
hey guys...i was just wondering if you guys know what i should do...

i have two practice tests left...7R and 9. I've taken 9 before...like 2 years ago...

do you guys think i should i finish with 7R or 9? it seems soo silly to be "stressing" over this...but hey, chalk it up to the pre-med in me. :oops:

I'd say 7 because it's my highest so far. I haven't taken 9 yet. I will on Sunday.

7r: 13P, 11V, 13B

Happy with it, because I thought I f'ed up on VR. The last passage I didn't get the main idea at all cause the author seemed all over the place, but it turned out okay.

Still can't break my 13,12,13 of 5r which I took back in June (my first and best :oops: ) But I'd be very happy with this score on the real thing... 40 seems out of reach at this point.

Jacks Mannequin said:
Just took 7 today...
PS 13, VR 10 , BS 12 - 35
I thought it was kinda tough, but the curves are nice.

You and I are pretty similar. I just took 7 today:

PS 13
VR 10
BS 11

I messed up nicely on that whole nematode passage.

I'll be taking 8 and 9 before the real thing, but I'm almost afraid that my scores are gonna suck compared to my 34 (I'm pretty happy with a 34).

Did anyone find that AAMC 7 was a good bit easier than either the real thing or 8/9? Or am I just worrying myself to much.