aamc 7 & 8 style

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Beadle

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I took tests 7 & 8 and noticed that the style is much different than the older tests. For the sciences, the passages are more in depth and require more reading comprehension...or at least it seems so to me.

I've been wondering this and hopefully someone knows....
What percentage of the questions in the BS and PS do you think can be solved simply by integrating information from the passages? I know on a few you have to bring in outside equations, but it seems as if these types of questions are fewer and more far between in the most recent AAMC tests.

thoughts?

Members don't see this ad.

Beadle said:
I took tests 7 & 8 and noticed that the style is much different than the older tests. For the sciences, the passages are more in depth and require more reading comprehension...or at least it seems so to me.

I've been wondering this and hopefully someone knows....
What percentage of the questions in the BS and PS do you think can be solved simply by integrating information from the passages? I know on a few you have to bring in outside equations, but it seems as if these types of questions are fewer and more far between in the most recent AAMC tests.

thoughts?

I completely agree with you. It seems like you only have to know a bit about the subject area and use more reading comprehension skills. I also wonder if this is a new trend.