AAMC 7 and AAMC 8 break down in terms of difficulty

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Brandon81081

OBGYN
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
For what its worth...here's a break down of test 7 and 8 questions

Test 8 has a total of
108 Moderate
20 easy
86 hard

Test 7 has a total of
75 easy
90 moderate
49 hard

Hope this helps some of you

Members don't see this ad.

that doesn't mean anything....i've been getting the "harder" qeustions on verbal and missing the "easy" questions

allennh said:
theoretically, that should be reflected in the curves

It should. Interestingly, the curves for the 2 are similar, so difficulty may not be a measure of anything.

Members don't see this ad :)
is there anywhere that we could find out which ones are considered the hard questions? where did you get this information from? thanks

ctgxant said:
is there anywhere that we could find out which ones are considered the hard questions? where did you get this information from? thanks
The back of a cereal box! Seriously, did you pull this info out of your butt?

AWhitehair said:
The back of a cereal box! Seriously, did you pull this info out of your butt?

If you purchased the tests and have them graded online, they break the questions down by difficulty.

ctgxant said:

I have hard copys of paper back tests and solution booklets of tests 3-9 aamc not the computer printouts. At the end of each test they give you a chart stating EXACTLY which questions were hard, moderate, or easy. The original posting is a compiled figure for OVERALL difficulty of each test...i was too lazy to state exactly which questions are hard moderate or easy.

So the AAMC 7 was relatively easy?

Does anyone have any comments on how they did on this practice test relative to an actual they recently took? I would be interested to know how up-to-date the difficulty of the exam is.

Thanks!