aamc 7R

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

miggidymo

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
i just took the aamc 7R yesterday at TPR and it seemed to be harder than all the other practice tests that i have taken. has anybody else taken it? and if so how did you feel about it?

Members don't see this ad.

I?ve taken AAMC 3R, 4R, 5R, 6R, and 7 (no R for this exam since there is not a revised version yet) within the past two months, and my 7 AAMC score was a 35. My other AAMC scores from 3R to 6R were: 35, 34, 36, and a 34. So as far as the difficulty compared to the other AAMC exams is concerned, it wasn?t the hardest or the easiest of the exams, IMO.

As far as scores are concerned, I don't believe I changed much. I think I get like 33's this time I got a 31. But, I can't say that with confidence(33s). I thought it was hella hard. In my opinion, the verbal section was unbelieveable hard; even though, I got a 9 on it. Matter of fact, I only got a 7 on aamc 5r. So, go figure. I also felt the physical was tough, but I ended up getting somehow a 12 on it. The final section, bio, I did the worst in. I ended up getting a 10 on it. So, I noticed that the bio sec was the only sec that was affected. Okay, good luck.

Members don't see this ad :)
miggidymo said:
i just took the aamc 7R yesterday at TPR and it seemed to be harder than all the other practice tests that i have taken. has anybody else taken it? and if so how did you feel about it?

I remember barely finishing the PS of 7R (there was a vague passage about volcanoes or earthquakes that seemed like it belonged in the Verbal section, right?)

Also, I found the Verbal on 7R to be very tough--the passages were easy to read, but the questions were tricky.

The Bio, however, was the same.

Overall, I agree, 7R was a litte tougher than 5R and 6R.

-tx

I'm taking TPR and just finished AAMC 7 this weekend. I scored it and did much better than any of the TPR diags. Verbal was challenging but I thought that overall it was easier than any of the TPR diags. The organic was minimal I thought. Will this be the case for the real MCAT with so little organic? Also, does anyone have the detailed explanations for the answers? How would one go about getting them?

Tooth

TiggidyTooth said:
I'm taking TPR and just finished AAMC 7 this weekend. I scored it and did much better than any of the TPR diags. Verbal was challenging but I thought that overall it was easier than any of the TPR diags. The organic was minimal I thought. Will this be the case for the real MCAT with so little organic? Also, does anyone have the detailed explanations for the answers? How would one go about getting them?

Tooth

Hmmm...when I think back on 7r verbal, it seemed to have harder passages then questions. I spent so much time trying to understand the twelve-note one and the others. Hard as hell. I felt that TPR was always easier when it came to verbal in comparison to 7r. Even though 2 of the 9 passages were hard to read, the rest were pretty easy. What they considered hard was anything philosophical, which is what I tend to do well on. I consider music/art/economy passages to be the hardest, but that's just me. Also, physical was hard to finish, and so was bio, which is strange cause I always finish bio with like 10 mins to spare. Oddly enough, I missed almost all my questions on one passage, the virus infection (H. P.--genetic vs immune) one before the weird chart one on cell development.