AAMC 8 vs. AAMC 9

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Kikaku21

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Which is more like the real thing on science sections? AAMC seems to be tougher for most people... 9 tends to be more reading oriented.

Members don't see this ad.

The april test was very reading comprehension oriented, which is what hurt me. This time I have preapred for both, a factual knowledge test and a wacky reading test.

Kikaku21 said:
Which is more like the real thing on science sections? AAMC seems to be tougher for most people... 9 tends to be more reading oriented.

AAMC 9 is the most similar to the real MCAT. The shock of seeing the BS section looking like verbal is probably the reason why I underpreformed in April (VR is my weakest section)

thats good for me...i love this reading crap, the info is usually in the passage...sure some of the questions are tough cuz u have to analyze and reason, but they're not so bad when u strip them down to what they really ask...besides, it means i have to worry less about actual facts!

Members don't see this ad :)
surag said:
thats good for me...i love this reading crap, the info is usually in the passage...sure some of the questions are tough cuz u have to analyze and reason, but they're not so bad when u strip them down to what they really ask...besides, it means i have to worry less about actual facts!
yeah those pesky facts can be quite troublesome.

The only biological passages I really hate are those condensed passages that stuff like one fact into each and every sentence. When I see one, my mind automatically starts zoning out.

DrCurious said:
The april test was very reading comprehension oriented, which is what hurt me. This time I have preapred for both, a factual knowledge test and a wacky reading test.

So, would you reccomend reading the entire passage for the BS first?..

tik-tik-clock said:

read the bio. passage briefly, highlighting the main points of the passage. Don't waste time absorbing every detail.

tik-tik-clock said:

Yea, you gotta read the passage. Bio passages always throw in information that you need but would never think of. But don't read too in depth, because then you get bogged down.

Moses MD said:
Yea, you gotta read the passage. Bio passages always throw in information that you need but would never think of. But don't read too in depth, because then you get bogged down.

Really you should read PS and BS passages both pretty carefully. This is another reason I didn't like Kaplan tests. If you spend time reading the passage on them, it really can screw you because they ask for a bunch of calculations that take forever.

On AAMC tests, I have been able to complete Bio and PS section with 15+ minutes to spare while reading the passages at a moderate speed.