AAMC 9 # 172 question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

westphi

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I don't know if this is allowed, but my solutions sheet did not include # 172 for AAMC 9? I tried to reason through it, but I'm still stuck between B) chloride -because when bicarb enters erythrocytes a chloride is expelled or C) hydrogen ions -because bicarb combines with H+ to make H20 and CO2 and be explled in the lungs.

Anyone know the answer? Thanks and good luck next week!

Members don't see this ad.

westphi said:
I don't know if this is allowed, but my solutions sheet did not include # 172 for AAMC 9? I tried to reason through it, but I'm still stuck between B) chloride -because when bicarb enters erythrocytes a chloride is expelled or C) hydrogen ions -because bicarb combines with H+ to make H20 and CO2 and be explled in the lungs.

Anyone know the answer? Thanks and good luck next week!
I have to agree with you, there are bicarbonate and choloride exchangers, and after all the table does have Cl- as part of the fluid. So, i'm a little confused about that question as well.

Lol, I don't know if it's just me.... but the only reason I've heard of Bicarbonate is because it's such an efficient pH regulator with respiration....

I think the chloride role would be considered much more minor in comparison...