Aamc answer explanations

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ldiaz29

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
What are people's thoughts on the answer explanations that AAMC provides?
Sometimes I get really frustrated bc these tests are REALLY expensive and at times the explanations they provide seem downright lazy. Almost as if they are trying to confuse you even further on certain topics.

Am I alone in thinking this?

Members don't see this ad.

Both Kaplan and The Princeton Review offer their own explanations for the AAMC practice tests. I found the Kaplan explanations to be the most helpful. You can find them with a quick Google search.

ExamKracker's also has video explanations available for exams 5R and 6R on their Youtube channel, but I couldn't find videos of any of the others. LeanMCAT also offers videos on practice test 3.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
Both Kaplan and The Princeton Review offer their own explanations for the AAMC practice tests. I found the Kaplan explanations to be the most helpful. You can find them with a quick Google search.

ExamKracker's also has video explanations available for exams 5R and 6R on their Youtube channel, but I couldn't find videos of any of the others. LeanMCAT also offers videos on practice test 3.
Thanks man.
It's just really frustrating bc i feel for what you pay, the AAMC could do a lot better in their explanations

Have you guys noticed that sometimes two answers are highlighted on the answers for some of the answers? What's up with that?

Members don't see this ad :)
Have you guys noticed that sometimes two answers are highlighted on the answers for some of the answers? What's up with that?
Yes. I think it's just a layout error and they are just to lazy too fix it.

Any inputs on the use of the Khan Academy for the MCAT review..? How accurate are the materials on Khan Academy?