AAMC Assessment SCORES and comments

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

hsaid

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was wondering if students wanted to share their scores and thoughts on each subject assessment.

Organic Chem: 59% .........2% below avg
General Chem: 75%..........9% above avg

Im not very strong in O-chem and G-chem was fine except for Stoichiometry which I have always had problems with.
Overall I think so far G-chem was not as hard as I expected it to be.

Members don't see this ad.

I was wondering if students wanted to share their scores and thoughts on each subject assessment.

Organic Chem: 59% .........2% below avg
General Chem: 75%..........9% above avg

Im not very strong in O-chem and G-chem was fine except for Stoichiometry which I have always had problems with.
Overall I think so far G-chem was not as hard as I expected it to be.

I haven't taken those two yet, but I'm willing to share.

Physics: 93%, 39% above average

I could immediately do about 5 of the missed questions going back through, o_O, but the funny thing is I felt way way way more confused over the questions I got correct with their explanations. I felt like it was terrible and my confidence ratings at the end went down... Lol, go figure.

As for organic chemistry, remember that it's only about 30% of the section so that's helpful, :).

WOW! Great job!!
I am planning on doing Bio tomorrow although I still have some content reviewing to do.
Will update with my score.
Good luck!

WOW! Great job!!
I am planning on doing Bio tomorrow although I still have some content reviewing to do.
Will update with my score.
Good luck!

Thank you and I promise when I say I felt like I would have been okay with a 75% or so on physics, lol, so I think the point is to stay positive! :) Let me know how bio goes that's my next one... Good luck! :xf:

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
I've only taken 3, but I'll update them as I finish the rest.

Biology - 80% . I was really disappointed with my score. I thought I would've scored over an 85% but I'm glad it humbled me.

G-Chem - 86% This surprised me A LOT. My worst subject was always G-chem, and now its apparently my best subject? TBR is amazing in turning one of my weakest subjects to my greatest

O-Chem - 85% I thought for sure it would've been greater but I'm glad it didn't turn out lower.

Great resources altogether, I hope it translates well to the full-lengths!

To be honest, I was excited about the 75% I got in GChem.
But as far as percentage goes though, don't the scores you guys got translate into very high MCAT scores? If I get 75% or more right on an actual PS section, that would be a 12 or 13.....but I doubt the real thing is as easy to score this high on.....what do you guys think. If I get above a 24 Ill be happy!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using SDN Mobile

Biology-85%
Ochem-89%
Physics-82%
Gchem-86%
Verbal-73%
did better than expected. I know I have obvious weaknesses in ochem 2 (mostly the complex nitrogen rxns in tbr), but there wasn't much tested? For ps, I'm better at gchem than physics, so we'll see.

Last edited:
I've only taken 3, but I'll update them as I finish the rest.

Biology - 80% . I was really disappointed with my score. I thought I would've scored over an 85% but I'm glad it humbled me.

G-Chem - 86% This surprised me A LOT. My worst subject was always G-chem, and now its apparently my best subject? TBR is amazing in turning one of my weakest subjects to my greatest

O-Chem - 85% I thought for sure it would've been greater but I'm glad it didn't turn out lower.

Great resources altogether, I hope it translates well to the full-lengths!

I felt like this too! It's like something finally clicks with gen. chem.

Great scores! :)

Biology: 77%
Organic Chem: 93%
Gen Chem: 84%
Physics: 83%
Verbal: 78%

Not too happy about my scores but looking back on my mistakes, I made some pretty dumb reading errors especially on Bio.

Isn't that like a 10? don't think the curve is that generous, at least based off of the early aamcs I've taken
To be honest, I was excited about the 75% I got in GChem.
But as far as percentage goes though, don't the scores you guys got translate into very high MCAT scores? If I get 75% or more right on an actual PS section, that would be a 12 or 13.....but I doubt the real thing is as easy to score this high on.....what do you guys think. If I get above a 24 Ill be happy!

I took Bio today. There were so many questions and towards the end I kind of slacked a bit. I got a 70% :'(

I took Bio today. There were so many questions and towards the end I kind of slacked a bit. I got a 70% :'(

You're right, biology seems like it'd the most draining to me for sure. Did you notice getting more questions wrong toward the end passages?

Yes!! As I was reviewing the passages, I got all the questions right on the first half and poorly on the last few passages.

Yes!! As I was reviewing the passages, I got all the questions right on the first half and poorly on the last few passages.

Yeah seems like in each psg goes from easy to hard. For verbal, it was mostly easier psgs earlier on

Sent from my LG-VM670 using SDN Mobile

Finally had the time to finish biology. (Organic chemistry, verbal, and general chemistry are all also underway... Let's not mind my scatterbrain, lol.) I got an 85%. Biology generally feels rough for me, but I guess this is pretty in line with my AAMC biology scores. Some passages were rough. I think that's a trend for me; I'll miss zero on a bunch and then strike out like crazy on one passage, :/.

Man, you're so right. Either we were just getting sick of the test or it gets harder going on because I just finished going through the first 6 passages (31 questions) are still haven't missed one yet... Makes me nervous to see the flood of red X's I feel are coming...

G Chem: 97%
O Chem: 93%
Physics: 84%
Bio: 80%
Verbal: 70%

Since then, I have put so much more focus on bio/verbal. Hopefully it pays off. =\

G Chem: 97%
O Chem: 93%
Physics: 84%
Bio: 80%
Verbal: 70%

Since then, I have put so much more focus on bio/verbal. Hopefully it pays off. =\

AWESOME gen. chem. score! :) How do you typically do in the PS and BS sections if you don't mind me asking? I'm trying to figure out correlations.

Finally finished another section! (Classes started today... Oh boy.)

So far, in recap:
Physics: 93%
Biology: 85%
Organic chemistry: 94%

Bump.

Physics: 92%
Chem: 95%
Orgo: 98%
Biology: 85%
Verbal: 70% (-_-)

Some of the passages from physics made me shout WTF.
Couldnt even understand what they were saying but then the questions were not even relevant to the passages that much.. lol..