AAMC Assessments vs. AAMC R tests? Also a q about verbal

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dxu425

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

Looking for some advice as I gear up for the 3/23 test (both the longest and shortest 14 days I'll experience in the near future, I think). I'm trying to decide between taking ~3 more AAMC real tests or just one more + the MCAT assessments.

So far I've taken AAMC 3, 7, 8, and 10. I still have a decent amount of content review to do, and I'm not even halfway through the TPR Science Workbook, so I'm feeling a little pressed for time. Grateful for any advice you can give about what would be the most efficient use of my remaining time.

Also, has anyone else experienced the 101 EK Passages being significantly harder than the real AAMC tests? I get in the ballpark of 9-11 wrong on each test, and it's really killing my confidence. But on the real AAMC tests I've taken, I've scored 12/13 on VR. There is something wrong with me.

Thanks so much!

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
You still have 2 weeks left so if I were you I would focus more on the AAMC Stuff you have. Instead of doing the TPR workbook do all the AAMC self assessments (they cover a lot of material and are the same difficulty youll see on the real mcat). And throw in 2 or 3 more AAMC full lengths if you can.

Finish the self assessments in the next 2 to 3 days then take a full length every two days or so. The days in between you should go over your tests and study up on stuff you aren't confident in.