Dismiss Notice
Hey Guest! Check out the 3 MCAT Study Plan Options listed in the 'stickies' area at the top of the forums (BoomBoom, SN2ed, and MCATJelly). Let us know which you like best.

Also, we now offer a MCAT Test-Prep Exhibitions Forum where you can ask questions directly from the test-prep services.
Dismiss Notice
SDN members see fewer ads and full resolution images. Join our non-profit community!

Aamc Cbt 6

Discussion in 'MCAT Discussions' started by moto_za, Apr 22, 2007.

1. moto_za

moto_za Member

I was wondering how this compares to the actual and the later practice tests (8,9,10)? Is this much easier or about the same? thank you for any thoughts!:D

2. Thread continues after this sponsor message. SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. moto_za

moto_za Member

4. DiverDoc

DiverDoc KCUMB 2012

Attending Physician
    Its easier than most IMO. The real thing was slightly more difficult in the sciences and much more in the VR

5. midn

Resident [Any Field]
    It asks pretty straightforward questions. Compared to 8, it's a lot easier. Don't be discouraged though; I did better on 8 than I did on 6. It's still MCAT-ish.

6. badasshairday

badasshairday Vascular and Interventional Radiology

Resident [Any Field]
    Really guys, are any of them really much harder than each other? I don't think so because the scaling is approximately the same for each CBT.

7. moto_za

moto_za Member

thanks everyone and your post makes me happy (that is, if I score higher on 8 as well!:D )

8. moto_za

moto_za Member

not sure.. most ppl say the earlier ones are easier. i have not taken the later ones so I cannot say...

9. badasshairday

badasshairday Vascular and Interventional Radiology

Resident [Any Field]
    I know, I have heard that too. But the scaling of the exams doesn't indicate that. It just shows they are all around the same level of difficulty.

10. moto_za

moto_za Member

good point..

11. midn

Resident [Any Field]
    I talked to my TPR teacher and it turns out the guy who said the difficulties aren't any different was right. AAMC 4-6 are based off the old exams where more memorization questions are asked (what does this hormone do, etc.) while 7-10 have more contextual questions (depends on information in the passage). People who have studied more may do better on 4-6 and people who are able to apply new information may do better on 7-10. The word on the street is that the MCAT resembles 7-10 more these days.

12. moto_za

moto_za Member

Thanks for the info!:luck: