AAMC CBT MCAT Practice Test 8

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Flymm

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey everybody, taking the January MCAT and just took the AAMC #8. It is my first AAMC test and I am curious if the scale is right compared to how other people did on other tests. Also how it compares to the real deal in your opinion. I got an 8 P, 12 V, and 10 B. I just can't seem to get my Physical Sciences up. Anyone else take this since it switched over to CBT? Back to the grind I guess for a higher Physical Science score!!

Members don't see this ad.

I took that one last week. It seemed easier than the other aamc tests i've taken, but this was my first in the shortened cbt format, which could have something to do with it. How would you rate it compared to other pt's?

I think it had less physics than others i've taken in the past. That was good for me, but i'd plan on it being closer to 50-50 on the real thing. When I took the april test last year my form had lots of physics (with calculations rather than trends :mad:), while cbt 8 had fewer physics passages that required outside knowledge/problem solving ability. My plan is to be better prepared for physics and cross my fingers while wishing upon a shooting star for lots of genchem!

Compared to other PT I have taken, it seemed easier. The other CBT PT I have taken were the Kaplan ones from the Premier Program disk. Those were extremely hard and very passage intensive. I scored lower. I have yet to take other aamc tests. I am curious to see how I score on 9 this coming week.

9 on sunday (today here). I'll let you know what I think, if you like.