AAMC CBT's vs. AAMC R's

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Synapsis

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I have access to both, but my AAMC R's are on paper obviously. I want to take all of the AAMCs as CBTs, but I still want to intermittently do the extra problems in the R's. Would I expect to find, for example, and of the extra questions from AAMC 6R in the AAMC 7 CBT? I just don't want to do problems from an R that will end up appearing on a later CBT.

Members don't see this ad.

I'm wondering this too.

Would like a definitive answer as well. From what I have heard some of the questions from the current AAMC are recycled from the R test. I was planning on buying the self assessment but already have all the R test and again heard it was nearly the same questions. So I think I will save the $104 or so.

Members don't see this ad :)
So I have access to both, but my AAMC R's are on paper obviously. I want to take all of the AAMCs as CBTs, but I still want to intermittently do the extra problems in the R's. Would I expect to find, for example, and of the extra questions from AAMC 6R in the AAMC 7 CBT? I just don't want to do problems from an R that will end up appearing on a later CBT.

The CBTs are shorter versions of the R tests. They are the same question

So since there's no AAMC 6, questions on AAMC 6R appear on other AAMCs?

Assessment = FL1R + FL2R + FL6R

I didn't count question by question and not 100% sure if AAMC pull "every" 6R questions in the assessement or not.

FL6R not in CBT FL7

FL7R = CBT FL7 + (left over questions)

FL7 was the last paper test for AAMC at 2007.

However, I am not sure why AAMC made CBT on 3, 4, 5, 7 and skip 6. That was the decision made in 2007. Who knows :rolleyes:

You wont find R materials on a differently numbered CBT. You will, however, find R materials on the MCAT self-assessment.

I say just do the CBT's so that you can get a good feel for the total length of the MCAT. Then go into the R exams and do the extra passages for practice (un-timed).

My advice is to do the earlier versions (4,5,6,7) as R and do the later ones as CBT. FL's are definitely the way to go. more questions = more practice. And it'll help with timing and test taking endurance. Use the earlier ones more as practice, and then you can guage yourself on the later CBTs