AAMC exam 3

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

kypreos

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
the free exam from the AAMC, its asking me questions like do you want to show the answers and im not understanding if that means while you take the test? or if that means after you take the test. cause i wanna be able to take the test and then have them show me the answers, just wondering if someone could clear this up for me?

Members don't see this ad.

yes, that's asking if you want to have the option to see the answers DURING the test. Just click 'no'. You'll still be able to see the answers afterward. Also, make sure you turn ON the timing!

yup just took it thanks for the help lol didnt do as good as i thought the verbal was RUFF altho the BS was EASY lol. PS still kicked my ass just like any other PS stuff(*curses*).
VR=7 BS=9 PS=6 stiill got one month and another 20 practice tests to go so here comes the pain.

yup just took it thanks for the help lol didnt do as good as i thought the verbal was RUFF altho the BS was EASY lol. PS still kicked my ass just like any other PS stuff(*curses*).
VR=7 BS=9 PS=6 stiill got one month and another 20 practice tests to go so here comes the pain.

If you want an honest opinion that is not sugar coated at all:

I would consider taking your MCAT at a later date. Of the 4 practice tests I've taken I found that one to be the easiest (BS 14, VR 11, PS 11). One month is NOT a lot of time especially if you are hitting 22s.

My advice: Take the MCAT in May. Take a break from the practice tests because with that kind of score I would think you need to study the material more rather than just learn the test format. Do 6 hours a day for a month then take another AAMC test. Once you can consistently break 30 or so on practice tests go for it.

Not trying to be a dick but one month does not seem like enough time to prepare for something so important...

Members don't see this ad :)
If you want an honest opinion that is not sugar coated at all:

I would consider taking your MCAT at a later date. Of the 4 practice tests I've taken I found that one to be the easiest (BS 14, VR 11, PS 11). One month is NOT a lot of time especially if you are hitting 22s.

My advice: Take the MCAT in May. Take a break from the practice tests because with that kind of score I would think you need to study the material more rather than just learn the test format. Do 6 hours a day for a month then take another AAMC test. Once you can consistently break 30 or so on practice tests go for it.

Not trying to be a dick but one month does not seem like enough time to prepare for something so important...
Oh I completely understand and thank you for your concern. This is the second time im studying for this thing. Im a terrible test taker, have anxiety out the ass like you wouldnt believe. I could definitly use some content review but believe it or not, I have studied every single day since NOV. 1st(1 or 2 days off), Ive even studied on xmas day. not contradicting your oppinion but for some reason i feel that for the past couple of days my prep has gone up DRASTICALLY. I dont know what it is but i feel very good about this. Also taking the test in may is a NO NO for me. I just cant, this is the final semester I have b4 I graduate, I have quite my job for the exam jan 31'st and I am completely focused studying 4-6 hours/day EASY. sometimes 8. I feel like I am in the zone but i cannot stop taking practice exams. the only reason I do so is because the reason the first time I took the test it kicked my ass so bad because I only had 1 practice exam under my belt. For some reason my scores are far lower then I expected. 2 weeks prior to january 31st if im not scoring in the 30's i will def. cancel the exam date and move it to march. but im applying JUNE 1st so I want my scores ASAP. I Ialso dont want to be in the middle of the semester studying for this beast of a test. but again I know that if im not gonna score in the 30's(my aamc scores are not there) I will def. take the exam later, i just dont want to do this cause ill be in school and i want my scores back and i want them to be good lol.

btw ive felt (since the last time i took the exam that, you need to take practice exams while studying, cause going over the practice exam answers i knew 75 % of the concepts but i am still tired after the PS section which is always my weakest, right know im only taking 2-3 practice tests a week but 2 weeks prior ill be taking 3 and the final week 4-5. the days in between will be 6-8 hours of content review because i review he tests at night. BTW i remember you from the BBing forumns. under team scivation lol Ive lost 103 lbs since 2006 and I love those forumns but i still cant go no carb like some of those people lol anyways thanx again for the advice your scores are impressive btw.

Oh I completely understand and thank you for your concern. This is the second time im studying for this thing. Im a terrible test taker, have anxiety out the ass like you wouldnt believe. I could definitly use some content review but believe it or not, I have studied every single day since NOV. 1st(1 or 2 days off), Ive even studied on xmas day. not contradicting your oppinion but for some reason i feel that for the past couple of days my prep has gone up DRASTICALLY. I dont know what it is but i feel very good about this. Also taking the test in may is a NO NO for me. I just cant, this is the final semester I have b4 I graduate, I have quite my job for the exam jan 31'st and I am completely focused studying 4-6 hours/day EASY. sometimes 8. I feel like I am in the zone but i cannot stop taking practice exams. the only reason I do so is because the reason the first time I took the test it kicked my ass so bad because I only had 1 practice exam under my belt. For some reason my scores are far lower then I expected. 2 weeks prior to january 31st if im not scoring in the 30's i will def. cancel the exam date and move it to march. but im applying JUNE 1st so I want my scores ASAP. I Ialso dont want to be in the middle of the semester studying for this beast of a test. but again I know that if im not gonna score in the 30's(my aamc scores are not there) I will def. take the exam later, i just dont want to do this cause ill be in school and i want my scores back and i want them to be good lol.

Well I wish you good luck and hopefully it goes better this time. As far as applying June 1 thats great- but at the same time its better to apply july-aug with a high MCAT rather than june 1 with a bad MCAT. Sounds like you''ve been down this road before though, so I wish you good luck!

thanx mang you 2 with your practice scores so far theres no reason you couludnt pull off high 30's/low 40's. even tho your kickin ass man it would be nice to see you pull that kind of score go for it bro.

thanx mang you 2 with your practice scores so far theres no reason you couludnt pull off high 30's/low 40's. even tho your kickin ass man it would be nice to see you pull that kind of score go for it bro.

Yeah the practice tests are going well but they are practice after all! I get nervous on big tests too...we need to just calm down! :)