AAMC FL 1 (not done with content)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

I'minmedschook

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello all.
First post on here.
Planning to take the MCAT in Jan 2019.
I'm a non-trad, last pre-reqs a little over 5 years ago.
I started studying in August using TBR.
I work full-time so can only get in 3 hours or so of studying on weekdays.

I felt like I was taking too long on reading /content (some things look so new to me).
I decided to switch to practice using UWorld (started last week) since I heard its very good for content and practice.

Also decided to go against general advise and take AAMC Full length 1.
I scored a 495 (123/125/124/123). (Took a NS 1/2 length diagnostic in June before even buying any books and scored 490).
Only a 5 point difference.
Now granted, I'm not done studying but my question is:

Should I continue with UWorld or go back to the books?

Any advise appreciated.

P.s. Shooting for a really high score to kinda offset my low-ish GPA.

Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

Nah nah bro you gotta work on the content, because if you getting lower than 127 on sections, that's content. Don't touch another practice test until you read all the books.

Reactions: 1 user
Your CARS is pretty solid. Luckily, the other 3 sections are the easiest to improve on. Grind hard focusing on content for the next few months. I loved Kahn Academy and the EK/NS books. Take an assortment of 3rd party full lengths (NS, EK, TPR) before sitting for another AAMC test- you don't want to waste those because they are the most representative exams out there and are usually spot on in predicting your score on test day.