AAMC FL

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

hopefuldoctor93

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm currently scheduled for April 22nd. I have taken NS 1 and 2 scoring 504 and 505 respectively. When should I take the one of the AAMC full lengths? I was planning on taking it March 21st since the 22nd is the last day to reschedule at the cheaper price. Should I take the unscored earlier and then take the first one by then?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using SDN mobile

Members don't see this ad.

So I just took the aamc unscored. I scored 73%/83%/80%/75% for a total percentage of 78. The tentative score comes out to about 511-514 using the calculator on reddit. How accurate is this?

So I just took the aamc unscored. I scored 73%/83%/80%/75% for a total percentage of 78. The tentative score comes out to about 511-514 using the calculator on reddit. How accurate is this?

Pretty accurate. I gotten similar to what I did in the unscored. I would recommend also taking scored, and averaging.

Members don't see this ad :)

There are two popular conversion tools floating around. One uses the average raw-to-scaled conversion from the old AAMC practice exams. The other took a sample of people who took the new MCAT and did a regression analysis using their real scores the their AAMC sample test scores. I think the latter technique is far better. It proved closer to my real score than either AAMC FL1 or FL2.

Reactions: 1 user
For sure. I plan to take EK 3 this week, FL 1 the following week, EK 4 the next, and then FL 2 a week before my exam.

Yah EK exams were awesome! When I took it, they only gave percentages. But, there is a thread in SDN, which gives a prediction of what you will get based on them.

There are two popular conversion tools floating around. One uses the average raw-to-scaled conversion from the old AAMC practice exams. The other took a sample of people who took the new MCAT and did a regression analysis using their real scores the their AAMC sample test scores. I think the latter technique is far better. It proved closer to my real score than either AAMC FL1 or FL2.
I used the one on reddit. Do you have a link for the other one?

Projected Real MCAT 2015 Scores - based upon AAMC Official Practice Test scores • r/Mcat

That's the one for correlating to people's actual MCAT scores after they took the sample. I don't know how accurate either method is. When I used the conversion table you mentioned earlier, I came up with 514. This method with the correlated scores gave me a 519, so it's a big difference. My percentages were 69/92/86/83 - I don't know how that could correlate to a 519!