AAMC MCAT content outlines & exam trends

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
L

Lord Kinbote

Hi, I am using AAMC content outlines I printed out last summer to prepare for the January 2010 MCAT. Does anyone know if these content outlines have been updated recently? I didn't notice any differences when I briefly scanned the current documents on the AAMC website.

Secondly, does anyone have information (online articles, SDN threads, etc.) regarding MCAT content trends over the past few years? I know that post-MCAT, some people discuss content in their respective test-date threads, but has anyone has taken the time to summarize the pertinent information?

I am new to these forums so I apologize if my questions have been asked before. Comments or suggestions would be appreciated. :D

Members don't see this ad.

Addendum: If you respond to my second set of questions, do not divulge specifics about your MCAT experience. Please limit your discussion to general information about the exam (topics covered, perceived difficulty, etc.) only.

Obviously, we don't want to upset our moderators and the AAMC. ;)

Hi, I am using AAMC content outlines I printed out last summer to prepare for the January 2010 MCAT. Does anyone know if these content outlines have been updated recently? I didn't notice any differences when I briefly scanned the current documents on the AAMC website.

Secondly, does anyone have information (online articles, SDN threads, etc.) regarding MCAT content trends over the past few years? I know that post-MCAT, some people discuss content in their respective test-date threads, but has anyone has taken the time to summarize the pertinent information?

I am new to these forums so I apologize if my questions have been asked before. Comments or suggestions would be appreciated. :D
I followed the content trends all summer from May to present and have found that the Bio section is very very genetic/mol. biology intensive. Also...Organic is becoming more and more crazy and heavy in the MAJORITY of the exams...I took Sept 10 and only had 12 ish questions... Many ppl have had 18-pushing 20. Verbal is very very very very long compared to the AAMC tests. PS is just PS...no big content deviation trends. I rock at verbal..was finishing each passage and questions in 6 min. thus leaving about 15 min at the end. On my real exam they were very long and i had only 2 min left when i finished. Just something to think about....hope this helps...GL