AAMC or Kaplan FL?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

motoko013

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
i have access to both tests Kaplan 1-11 and AAMC 3-10, but time wise I can probably only do one set, or perhaps some of both...

what do you guys recommend, i'm taking it in early september and i think 2 a week will be the most without killing my brain

Members don't see this ad.

i would say aamc, i hate the kaplan FLs, also aamc ive heard is a bit closer to the actual thing

Absolutely do both. Take kaplans and mix in some AAMCs. Your score will probably be between the two.

Members don't see this ad :)
I would do a mix of the Kaplan exams and the later (6 and above) AAMC tests. The early AAMC exams are quite easy.

Do 3-10 under "real setting". IF you have time to spare, do Kaplan 1-11 in non-timed setting. I heard Kaplan 10, and 11 are more difficult and quite inaccurate in predicting your score, so you might start with Kaplan 10,11

i have access to both tests Kaplan 1-11 and AAMC 3-10, but time wise I can probably only do one set, or perhaps some of both...

what do you guys recommend, i'm taking it in early september and i think 2 a week will be the most without killing my brain

Do 3-10 under "real setting". IF you have time to spare, do Kaplan 1-11 in non-timed setting. I heard Kaplan 10, and 11 are more difficult and quite inaccurate in predicting your score, so you might start with Kaplan 10,11

You can't remove the timer off the Kaplan full lengths.