1. Hey Guest! Check out the 3 MCAT Study Plan Options listed in the 'stickies' area at the top of the forums (BoomBoom, SN2ed, and MCATJelly). Let us know which you like best.

Also, we now offer a MCAT Test-Prep Exhibitions Forum where you can ask questions directly from the test-prep services.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
  3. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Hey Texans—join us for a DFW meetup! Click here to learn more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

AAMC Practice cbt 5

Discussion in 'MCAT Discussions' started by HippocratesX, May 3, 2007.

1. HippocratesX

HippocratesX Member
    7+ Year Member

Any thoughts, concerns, reflections, opinions? What did you think of the difficulty level? Physical sciences part seemed relatively easy. I thought verbal was a bit long...each and every passage seemed to go on and on...I barely finished with 1min: 35seconds left and usually Verbal is my best section, finishing 15 minutes early. I have heard the Bio section was pretty difficult, but I didn't think it was too bad? Overall, what do you guys think?

Definitely easier than AAMC 4 i thought. How's it in comparison to 6-10?

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. HippocratesX

HippocratesX Member
    7+ Year Member

4. DiverDoc

DiverDoc KCUMB 2012
    10+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    To me 5 seems right on par with 6. 7-10 IMO have a slightly different feel to them. Having taken the real thing, 7-10 seem like an accurate representation to the real thing. As for the long--er verbal passages. Get used to them. :luck:

5. HippocratesX

HippocratesX Member
    7+ Year Member

i just reviewed my test and i feel soooooooooo dumb for making some of the ridiculous stupid mistakes I made. I know the science...its just trying to figure out exactly what it is they are asking, and then putting 2 + 2 together to get the simple answer.:scared:

I wish there was a class which teaches high speed critical thinking. :rolleyes:

6. singkri

2+ Year Member

I think by just doing those tests, you get a feel of what kind of options to eliminate based on their language.:)

7. freelove

freelove MS-12....
    2+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    I just took it and was completely raped by the Physics Section. I scored a 10 on AAMC 4, but a 7 on AAMC. Granted, I did take AAMC 4 like two months ago. The verbal and the bio were okay... I got 11s on both.

Its just frustrating, because the last test I took, I could have sworn that I needed to beef up on the Organic (my bio score was the lowest), however, this last test is telling me that my problems lie in Physics which is where I thought I was comparatively strong.

I just need June 15th to get here and be over and done with.

8. Vanguard23

5+ Year Member

Medical Student
    I took 4 and made a 28(7/10/11)
    I took 5 the other day and made a 27(8/9/10)

Meh, I'm getting there.