Hey Guest! Check out the 3 MCAT Study Plan Options listed in the 'stickies' area at the top of the forums (BoomBoom, SN2ed, and MCATJelly). Let us know which you like best.

Also, we now offer a MCAT Test-Prep Exhibitions Forum where you can ask questions directly from the test-prep services.
SDN members see fewer ads and full resolution images. Join our non-profit community!

AAMC Practice cbt 5

Discussion in 'MCAT Discussions' started by HippocratesX, May 3, 2007.

1. HippocratesX

HippocratesX Member 7+ Year Member

Mar 22, 2002
    Any thoughts, concerns, reflections, opinions? What did you think of the difficulty level? Physical sciences part seemed relatively easy. I thought verbal was a bit long...each and every passage seemed to go on and on...I barely finished with 1min: 35seconds left and usually Verbal is my best section, finishing 15 minutes early. I have heard the Bio section was pretty difficult, but I didn't think it was too bad? Overall, what do you guys think?

Definitely easier than AAMC 4 i thought. How's it in comparison to 6-10?

2. SDN Members don't see this ad. About the ads.
  3. HippocratesX

Mar 22, 2002
  4. DiverDoc

DiverDoc KCUMB 2012 10+ Year Member

To me 5 seems right on par with 6. 7-10 IMO have a slightly different feel to them. Having taken the real thing, 7-10 seem like an accurate representation to the real thing. As for the long--er verbal passages. Get used to them. :luck:

5. HippocratesX

Mar 22, 2002
    i just reviewed my test and i feel soooooooooo dumb for making some of the ridiculous stupid mistakes I made. I know the science...its just trying to figure out exactly what it is they are asking, and then putting 2 + 2 together to get the simple answer.:scared:

I wish there was a class which teaches high speed critical thinking. :rolleyes:

6. singkri

singkri 2+ Year Member

Mar 9, 2007
    I think by just doing those tests, you get a feel of what kind of options to eliminate based on their language.:)

7. freelove

freelove MS-12.... 2+ Year Member

Apr 4, 2006
    I just took it and was completely raped by the Physics Section. I scored a 10 on AAMC 4, but a 7 on AAMC. Granted, I did take AAMC 4 like two months ago. The verbal and the bio were okay... I got 11s on both.

Its just frustrating, because the last test I took, I could have sworn that I needed to beef up on the Organic (my bio score was the lowest), however, this last test is telling me that my problems lie in Physics which is where I thought I was comparatively strong.

I just need June 15th to get here and be over and done with.

8. Vanguard23

Vanguard23 5+ Year Member

Sep 5, 2006
    I took 4 and made a 28(7/10/11)
    I took 5 the other day and made a 27(8/9/10)

Meh, I'm getting there.