AAMC Practice CBT - 7,8,9 or 10?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

CanAmPremed

CAD > USD - It's true :D
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,

I want to do my last practice AAMC exam as a litmus test at the end of my studying. Because I am kind of strapped I can only buy one. Which one of the three would you recommend to be best in terms of being the closest to the actual thing?

Thanks in advance.

Cheers :luck:

Members don't see this ad.

Hey guys,

I want to do my last practice AAMC exam as a litmus test at the end of my studying. Because I am kind of strapped I can only buy one. Which one of the three would you recommend to be best in terms of being the closest to the actual thing?

Thanks in advance.

Cheers :luck:
10, havent taken it but months of reading this forum says 10.

Thanks for the reply. I hear 10's VR is not representative of the real thing. Anyone else vouch for 10?

is cbt10 harder than normal? just took it, wanted to know why its the one to take.:D

Members don't see this ad :)
again, i havent taken it yet, however i have read these forums for quite some time now. From what i gather, 10 is definately one of the tougher ones (not necessarily the toughest), but seems to be the closest to most peoples real mcat score. If verbal is tough, get used to it. the real mcat has LONGER passages than any of the practice exams you are doing now. Possibly even longer than the aamc practice exams.

Thanks for the reply. I hear 10's VR is not representative of the real thing. Anyone else vouch for 10?

I thought that 8 or 10 was the closest to the real one; 9 was too easy in PS in my opinion. My real test was very heavy bio like 8.

10 is reallllllll hard. Not in the sense that you need to have outside knowledge, but that you need to have really good, thorough, conceptual understanding and be able to extrapolate concepts from the passage. : / basically it shattered me.