AAMC Practice exam 1 vs. actual MCAT score

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

aegistitan

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Is there an infographic of how people did on practice exam 1 vs. the real thing, preferably for the january exams?

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
So am I seeing this correct, but the general trend here seems to be that people did a good bit better on the REAL mcat compared to the practice exam 1.

My Sample Test and EK scores pointed to a 518-522 for this excel document. I was sad to see I got a 514 on the practice exam 1. I guess that's pretty normal tho?

Anyone else see this relationship or am I just seeing what I want to see?

I'm taking Kaplans prep course. I've had pretty good scores, averaging at almost 511. According to this chart and others, I should probably expect at least a 515-517 score. For the Kaplan to real MCAT jump, all of the tables I've seen (all of them) show at least 5 point jumps, usually 10 or more. Is this accurate? How many people are actually scoring in the 90th percentile and up? I guess most people don't take a prep course and a lot of people probably take the test with little time invested in studying and doing practice problems so maybe the results are accurate. A few probably don't do any studying at all! Any ideas?