AAMC practice items

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

chemwiz14

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
What do you guys think of the AAMC practice items for physical science and verbal??? Do you think its helpful??

Members don't see this ad.

I thought the verbal passages were a lot easier than the ones on practice tests, and the biological sciences were about the same. I haven't tried the physical sciences yet. They're similar to real MCAT questions, and they're good practice, so I think it'll be helpful to do them.

The AAMC practice tests were great for the money, great supplement to the Examkrackers I used. They give a pretty good idea of the level of questioning for the real test. Since the EK questions were usually harder/more specific than the real test, the AAMC materials were good comparison.

If you sit in one place for eight hours and take the test according to how it's supposed to be taken, they will help a lot. I spent a few full days at my library looking like an idiot. It made me a lot less nervous on test day, though, especially when I finished early on sections.