AAMC Practice MCAT 4

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

HippocratesX

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anyone who's taken or looked over this exam, did you find it fairly easy, or...? Would u say that it the typical AAMC MCAT difficulty level, or do they get more difficult as the numbers increase? I'm just trying to gauge my performance on the test. Oh...and I did the non-computerized version...the 8 hr full length one. :confused:

Thoughts, reactions, feelings....talk amongst yourselves:D

Members don't see this ad.

The dogma around here is that 4R is more on the difficult side of the AAMC exams and 8,9,10 are more similar to an exam you would take nowadays. Out of AAMC tests 3-6, IMO 4R is the most difficult. I cannot comment on the difficulty of 7,8,9 or 10. I will be starting those this weekend.

AAMC 4R is the most difficult. However...it wasn't that bad. 8,9,10 are the most representative. My breakdown on 7 was the exact same as the real thing.

Do we know exactly what parts of 4 are thought of as hard? I took the verbal and got a 9, and I usually get a 9...maybe the other sections are hard?

Members don't see this ad :)
I just took AAMC 4 CBT today also, and got a 9 on verbal. I thought it was okay. Better than kaplan FLs though.

I got 10s on bio and phys sections and a 9 on verbal. That threw me off b/c I thought I did a lot better than that (then I remembered the EK mantra of how I shouldn't feel so confident about verbal :laugh:).

Overall I improved one point in Bio and one point in Verbal (3R was B9 P10 V8).

Still have the rest to go...... *sigh*

I am taking the MCAT for the second time in April. I've taken all the AAMC tests besides 10 on paper when I studied the 1st time around and found that 4 was actually a very good indicator of hardness for me. I definitely scored higher on 7, 8, and 9 than I did ont he real thing. The real one was flat out impossible for me, which means I had to get back to the library to try again. Either way, it all depends on the time you take it.

for people who have taken the mcat how did 4 cbt compare; that is if you even remember or care? If other ppl know if this is harder or easier i would love to hear from you thanks

i took aamc 4 last weekend, and didn't think it was hard... and my score improved too. i took the cbt though. is that one easier? or is some of this studying finally sinking in?

and by more difficult, are we talking about how hard the questions are or how hard the scoring curve is? (ie, kaplan's PS sections are sometimes ridiculous, but the curve is set so you can miss a lot more and still get a reasonable score...)

I actually disagree... I believe that AAMC 4 was on par with the rest of them. However, the caveat is that I took the CBT version, so perhaps they removed some of the more difficult material. If AAMC 4 is indeed more difficult, then maybe I'm just more prepared now.

i thought ps was pretty simple, verbal was overall ok(but i need to work on verbal, my weakest area), bs was a little hard

i think it matters when you take it as well. when you are completely prepared or midway through your studying. Also, killinsound is a unique person ;) :D

combine the most difficult VR passages from the AAMC practice tests and you have the 4/12/07 MCAT verbal. lol