AAMC Practice MCAT

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

auroraboy

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have access to the older AAMC practice tests that are on .pdf's. These are good to practice but in order to keep a track of time, I need to practice some of the new CBT style tests.

I was wondering if I should buy the newer CBT style tests from AAMC, or do I have a better choice? ( as in Princeton/Kaplan/EK etc.)

Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

Yea, time was a issue for me. On the practice AAMC tests, I never really seemed to run ou tof time. On the real thing, I was rushed in all sections, especiallly verbal.

I was in the exact same situation, and I ended up buying all of the CBT ones because one after another, I found them really helpful. It was really helpful to see how I endure through the new test's length, see how some of the controls work, and get used to reading passages on the computer screen and get the "feel" of it that I couldnt get from pdf's... also, the automatic grading/scaling and the answer explanation being right below each question (when you review the test afterwards) was really helpful/time-efficient for review.

Members don't see this ad :)
hi auroraboy,

i ended up using the older aamc's paper versions and just completed 2/3's of each section under timed conditions. i later went back and lumped the remaining 1/3 of two tests together for an extra test. i used the free aamc 3 test to get used to the computer format. my timing on the computer version and my 2/3 paper versions were the same. from what i understand the newer cbt's are just reduced versions of the older tests, so why pay money for less content?