AAMC Practice MCATs

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DeadCactus

Lifetime Donor
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
How does it work, logistically? Just go to the website, pay via CC, and then get instant access?

Members don't see this ad.

Yep, that's pretty much how it works. One of the tests (3, I think) is even available for free online.

Don't steal tests as cwfergus recommended. :rolleyes:

Members don't see this ad :)
eh, you save alot of money ($35 x 6)

Sure. You'd also save a lot of money if you shoplifted your clothes, walked out of restaurants without paying, or stole your furniture out of the back of a truck. What's the difference?

Sure. You'd also save a lot of money if you shoplifted your clothes, walked out of restaurants without paying, or stole your furniture out of the back of a truck. What's the difference?

maybe to cwfergus there is no difference and he/she does all of the things you mentioned......

either way...they are practice tests...who cares.

I'm certainly not going to advocate theft here but I should point out that these old tests make for good practice after you've taken the online ones. I have a set of old ones that I hit up after I take a real one to get all the supplemental questions from the real administration of the test ... and AAMC does not make this material available via legal methods that I could find.

I'm certainly not going to advocate theft here but I should point out that these old tests make for good practice after you've taken the online ones. I have a set of old ones that I hit up after I take a real one to get all the supplemental questions from the real administration of the test ... and AAMC does not make this material available via legal methods that I could find.

those tests are the exact same as the ones online.... with just a few extra passages b/c the old MCAT is longer.

I do not promote thievery at any moment, i am sorry for bringing those tests up, just saw them in premed101 and figured if you were going to do them on paper, you mine aswell use these, if you want to do them via cbt, then definately buy them because thats how you will practice and do better.

those tests are the exact same as the ones online.... with just a few extra passages b/c the old MCAT is longer.

That's what I'm talking about. You get nearly 50% more [authentic] questions. With the exception of a few topics in orgo (alkynes, aromatics, alkenes), the subject matter is identical. I like to time myself on all the questions I can't do online and treat it like a "mini" MCAT. Hell, if you saved up all the additional questions over all the tests it would add up to something like 3 extra MCATs for your same buck.

I suggest going through AAMC's website... you can't put a price on practice in the authentic test environment...

Definitely make sure they are on the computer and NOT paper and pencil... There is a big difference between the two media in terms of test taking.