1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Hey Guest! Check out the 3 MCAT Study Plan Options listed in the 'stickies' area at the top of the forums (BoomBoom, SN2ed, and MCATJelly). Let us know which you like best.

Also, we now offer a MCAT Test-Prep Exhibitions Forum where you can ask questions directly from the test-prep services.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. This forum is for support and discussion only. Please promote test prep materials/services (including AMAs) in the Special Offers subforum only. Thanks!
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

AAMC Practice MCATs

Discussion in 'MCAT: Medical College Admissions Test' started by DeadCactus, May 13, 2008.

1. DeadCactus

DeadCactus SDN Lifetime Donor
    Lifetime Donor Verified Account 10+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    How does it work, logistically? Just go to the website, pay via CC, and then get instant access?

2. cwfergus

10+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
  3. ferreed

10+ Year Member

Medical Student
    Yep, that's pretty much how it works. One of the tests (3, I think) is even available for free online.

Don't steal tests as cwfergus recommended. :rolleyes:

4. cwfergus

10+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    eh, you save alot of money ($35 x 6)

5. RySerr21

RySerr21 i aint kinda hot Im sauna
    10+ Year Member

Fellow [Any Field]
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  6. ferreed

10+ Year Member

Medical Student
    Sure. You'd also save a lot of money if you shoplifted your clothes, walked out of restaurants without paying, or stole your furniture out of the back of a truck. What's the difference?

7. RySerr21

10+ Year Member

Fellow [Any Field]
    maybe to cwfergus there is no difference and he/she does all of the things you mentioned......

either way...they are practice tests...who cares.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  8. scottyT

scottyT Real Member
    10+ Year Member

MDApps:
    Medical Student
    I'm certainly not going to advocate theft here but I should point out that these old tests make for good practice after you've taken the online ones. I have a set of old ones that I hit up after I take a real one to get all the supplemental questions from the real administration of the test ... and AAMC does not make this material available via legal methods that I could find.

9. RySerr21

10+ Year Member

Fellow [Any Field]
    those tests are the exact same as the ones online.... with just a few extra passages b/c the old MCAT is longer.

10. DeadCactus

DeadCactus SDN Lifetime Donor
    Lifetime Donor Verified Account 10+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    Thanks everyone.

11. cwfergus

10+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    I do not promote thievery at any moment, i am sorry for bringing those tests up, just saw them in premed101 and figured if you were going to do them on paper, you mine aswell use these, if you want to do them via cbt, then definately buy them because thats how you will practice and do better.

12. scottyT

scottyT Real Member
    10+ Year Member

MDApps:
    Medical Student
    That's what I'm talking about. You get nearly 50% more [authentic] questions. With the exception of a few topics in orgo (alkynes, aromatics, alkenes), the subject matter is identical. I like to time myself on all the questions I can't do online and treat it like a "mini" MCAT. Hell, if you saved up all the additional questions over all the tests it would add up to something like 3 extra MCATs for your same buck.

13. DrJD

DrJD Junior Member
    10+ Year Member

Medical Student
    I suggest going through AAMC's website... you can't put a price on practice in the authentic test environment...

Definitely make sure they are on the computer and NOT paper and pencil... There is a big difference between the two media in terms of test taking.