AAMC Q Banks v. AAMC Section Bank

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

strugstofunc

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello!
I have a few days from my MCAT and was wondering if people think it's worth it to chug through the AAMC Q Banks. I've done a few of them, but feel like they are not to par with the Section Bank Qs -- which I've already completed.

Are the AAMC regular Q banks representative to the test, or should I save myself the time and just review my mistakes from the FLs and Section Bank? Thank you in advance for any advice!

Members don't see this ad.

If you haven’t done the cars qpack, I would do that. The section bank is great practice as well. The other qpacks are not representative of the mcat except for maybe some discrete questions.

Reactions: 2 users
The QPacks are good for early practice, since they help you find your weak areas in the content. For the last few days of studying, I don't think they're worth doing. I think your time will be better spent going over your mistakes and going through weak areas one last time.

Good luck!

Kevin W, MCAT Tutor
Med School Tutors

Reactions: 1 user
I did not realize the qbanks were not that representative, I was saving them for after I finished Upangea...looks like I'll start them now