1. The SDN iPhone App is back and free through November! Get it today and please post a review on the App Store!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Hey Guest! Check out the 3 MCAT Study Plan Options listed in the 'stickies' area at the top of the forums (BoomBoom, SN2ed, and MCATJelly). Let us know which you like best.

Also, we now offer a MCAT Test-Prep Exhibitions Forum where you can ask questions directly from the test-prep services.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

AAMC says people HAVE achieved 45 on the MCAT

Discussion in 'MCAT: Medical College Admissions Test' started by doyourealize1, Jul 30, 2006.

1. doyourealize1

doyourealize1 Member
    2+ Year Member

If you go to Wikipedia, search for MCAT, go to discussion, "Ellen", who is "Associate Vice President of AAMC, and the Director of the MCAT" (look it up on google) wrote:

There are occasionally perfect scores of 45 on the MCAT; a 45T is quite uncommon. The percentile-rank tables show 0.0% for scores of 45, but only because the number rounds to 0%. --Ellen 23:21, 11 February 2006 (UTC)

You can find her identity by clicking on the name once you're on the Wikipedia page. I don't know if you can post links, but regardless here is the link to the wikipedia entry.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Medical_College_Admission_Test

and the discussion page

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Talk:Medical_College_Admission_Test

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. luckycharms08

luckycharms08 all it takes is one =)
    2+ Year Member

Medical Student
    couldn't someone have just made up that username as EllenJulian? it's not uncommon to hear of people impersonating others on the internet...

several people have called the AAMC and verified that in recent years nobody has achieved a 45. people HAVE gotten 15's in each section, but to get three 15's ... nobody's done it yet.

4. doyourealize1

doyourealize1 Member
    2+ Year Member

dunno...but it seems plausible that people have gotten 45 :eek: . her user contributions page says

Academic Medicine

Yes, that would be me. I'm director of the MCAT. The information on the MCAT here was refreshingly accurate and reasonably up-to-date. That article is the culmination of 15 years' work, and (IMHO) should become the primary reference for people wondering about the usefulness of the MCAT. This is my first time on Wikipedia.Ellen 23:11, 11 February 2006 (UTC)

I can't think of any reason that people would pretend to be her, though.

5. go lakers

go lakers Senior Member
    10+ Year Member

Fellow [Any Field]
    i'm tellin ya, my TPR bio teacher got a 45.