AAMC Score Predictions

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

timeturner

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
So it seems the last post asking about this was 2009, so maybe it's time for an update version.

For those of you who have taken the test, how much did your AAMC practice test scores reflect the real score on the test? Do you think nerves were a factor or did you feel like it propelled you to do even better than average performance?

Taking the exam on Saturday now and trying to gauge what expectations I should set for myself haha, my average is around a 34-35 currently on AAMC exams and I have not taken any other exams.

Members don't see this ad.

So it seems the last post asking about this was 2009, so maybe it's time for an update version.

For those of you who have taken the test, how much did your AAMC practice test scores reflect the real score on the test? Do you think nerves were a factor or did you feel like it propelled you to do even better than average performance?

Taking the exam on Saturday now and trying to gauge what expectations I should set for myself haha, my average is around a 34-35 currently on AAMC exams and I have not taken any other exams.

I'm saving my worrying for AFTER my exam, but all those who are out there, by all means post away. I'll check it out Saturday afternoon :)

I used only the AAMC tests to predict my actual score. All secondary sources are tenuous at best.

My highest scores in each subsection were:

PS: 13 (twice)
VR: 11 (three times)
BS: 14 (twice)

My actual: (14,11,15), so +1 on both PS and BS, while VR matched my high.

Also, I was not nervous at all. I was focused and wide awake for the entire exam. Maybe that's why my score went up a little.

Members don't see this ad :)
I used only the AAMC tests to predict my actual score. All secondary sources are tenuous at best.

My highest scores in each subsection were:

PS: 13 (twice)
VR: 11 (three times)
BS: 14 (twice)

My actual: (14,11,15), so +1 on both PS and BS, while VR matched my high.

Also, I was not nervous at all. I was focused and wide awake for the entire exam. Maybe that's why my score went up a little.

I hope that the same will happen for me!! i'm trying to sleep a ton this week so I will be energied for game day.

Currently i'm at PS-13 (3 times), VR - 13 (just once lol, 10-11 usually), and BS - 14 (once, but 13 numerous times).

Obviously my practice scores aren't as steady as yours tho, and congrats on the score!

+/- 2 points from your average is probably what I would expect. My AAMC average was a 33.4 and I got a 31, so it can go either way. MCAT scores generally vary a bit due to the topics tested and the scaled nature of the exam. You've got a solid average though so you should be in good shape.

Last edited:
+/- 2 points from your average is probably what I would expect. My AAMC average was a 33.4 and I got a 31, so it can go either way. MCAT scores generally vary a bit due to the topics tested and the scaled nature of the exam. You've got a solid average though so you should be in good shape.

Yeah that's what I've heard too. I'm just wondering how much exam nerves could impact the score haha.

I hope I don't sit next to someone annoying that makes lots of noise & movements.

Just took my last practice mcat...solid 34.57 average lol. Guess I should be expecting to score in the range - hopefully not lower!