AAMC self assessment, too easy?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

studentp0x

Membership Revoked
Removed
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I've only gotten 4 VR passages done and I think I have maybe 1 mistake on all 4 passages? Seems a bit too easy... Anyone else find this as well? Only asking because I loosely remember reading that the self assessment stuff is too easy overall, so is there any real purpose for the self assessment stuff?

Before anyone decides to say that maybe my VR is super strong.. it's not, it's average. I scored 6 --> 7 --> 8 on EK101 so far and 10 on TPR on a test (32/40). Although the logic on a couple of my mistakes seems off.

Also, any overlap from the self assessment stuff and the aamc practice tests?

Members don't see this ad.

The assessments for verbal are in easy to hard order. The beginning passages are all super easy and the last few passages have hard questions. It's just a simple test to see where you stand compared to other people who have taken the same thing and what you should consider studying.

There's a few passages that overlap but I didn't really notice until someone pointed it out.

So I've only gotten 4 VR passages done and I think I have maybe 1 mistake on all 4 passages? Seems a bit too easy... Anyone else find this as well? Only asking because I loosely remember reading that the self assessment stuff is too easy overall, so is there any real purpose for the self assessment stuff?

Before anyone decides to say that maybe my VR is super strong.. it's not, it's average. I scored 6 --> 7 --> 8 on EK101 so far and 10 on TPR on a test (32/40). Although the logic on a couple of my mistakes seems off.

Also, any overlap from the self assessment stuff and the aamc practice tests?

Wait until you get to the last 5 verbal passages. All of the assessments with the exception of I think Physics were arranged from easy to hard.