AAMC Test V

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

bigbuddieMD

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi

I just took AAMC test V. I was wondering how close it is to the real thing. In other words would those of you who took the April test say that it was pretty close to your score on test V. Thanks for your help. Post your scores if you can...I would like to see how much variation there is between them. Thanks much,

Members don't see this ad.

verbal was f'in hard i remember...especially that picasso passage. damn. yeah PS was about right. i think bio as well. thats a good inidicator of what the MCAT will be like on test day.

I think it was much easier than the real thing. I finished each section with a lot of time to spare, but on the real thing I didn't have any time to spare. I got a 29-30 on aamc V and a 27 on the real thing.

For me, AAMC V was a very good guage for the real thing. I thought the Verbal was harder in the real thing though. I scored one point higher in each the PS and BS on the real thing compared to V but went down one point on the VR.

Members don't see this ad :)
•••quote:•••Originally posted by marq_bme:
•verbal was f'in hard i remember...especially that picasso passage. damn. yeah PS was about right. i think bio as well. thats a good inidicator of what the MCAT will be like on test day.•••••That is so funny! I thought I was the only one that got tore up on the Picasso passage. I think I missed 4 of those questions!

i personally think that is the best indicator of what the MCAT will be like...unless there is an AAMC 6 out yet.

AAMC V August MCAT

VR 8 9
PS >12 14
BS 9-10(i forgot) 10

Total ?? 33Q

like the table?? (im an engineer)

CRAP my table got screwed up..stupid java applet settings

aamc 3,4,5,6 are all pretty indicative of the real mcat. One may be "more diffcult" but than the scale reflects that. I've taken 2,3,4, and just took 5 this past weekend.

-b

It's pretty close. Verbal's harder on the real MCAT, but the scaling will account for that. So no worries...

That test was very similar to the mcats which i took in april 2001. If they haven't changed the 2002 tests all that much, i would say that would be the best practice test to take before you go take the real one.

I also think that the difficulties of the two tests were also very comparable.

I just took it too. PS seemed to be more chem then physics. bio seemed fair. the verbal was hard because of that picasso passage. How much do people usually go up between V and the real thing? has anyone taken VI yet?