AAMC tests 3-11 content covered

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Dr Dazzle

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi Guys,

For those who have taken all or most of the AAMC tests so far, how did you feel was the content covered in them? Specifically, how was all the content review you did represented in them?

I ask, because, I am wondering if doing all the AAMC exams and then reviewing them will be sufficient in terms of being tested on and then having a chance to review all the content that could be covered by the actual MCAT.

OR, are some subjects way overly represented? I want to start, finish and review all the AAMC exams, and then be comfortable with what I have covered in these few weeks before the actual MCAT.

Thanks for the help!

Members don't see this ad.

Just study everything. "Overly represented" topics on AAMC FLs may be nonexistent on the real test. You may place an emphasis on high-yield topics, but the idea of only studying topics that are covered on the practice tests could be extremely detrimental to your actual test score.

This is the most important thing in your life at this point; why risk missing simple discretes/passage questions because you failed to review each topic?

Members don't see this ad :)
first, content
then, AAMCs not the other way around?

yes this.

definitely know content and use aamcs as practice/other smaller information u still need to learn/need to know. u save more time doing it this way than the other way around. if you do AAMC first, ur wasting a great practice test.

+1 for the solubility / thermo problems. Seems like every test I've taken so far has had them. Anxious for the next one tomorrow since I've been working on mastering that stuff for two weeks, hopefully it doesn't just disappear now :laugh:

I felt that a lot of the things most heavily covered in AAMC 3-11 were NOT on my real MCAT at all, or were much less prevalent than they were on the practice exams. I wouldn't use the AAMC's to gauge content that might show up on the real thing.

IMO using the AAMC's will NOT be sufficient content review. If I had done this, I would have been completely screwed. Even more so than I was, lol. :rolleyes:

I ask, because, I am wondering if doing all the AAMC exams and then reviewing them will be sufficient in terms of being tested on and then having a chance to review all the content that could be covered by the actual MCAT.
I don't recommend this approach because any topics not covered in the AAMCs will likely become "weak areas" which might show up on the real thing. Don't take the risk. Like someone else noted, content review first and then FLs.