AAMC Verbal: Is it similar to MCAT verbal?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Jonari

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Just wondering, because I thought the passages on the Verbal portion were quite short and not that long & extensive compared to other study materials such as Kaplan, EK, etc etc. Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Just wondering, because I thought the passages on the Verbal portion were quite short and not that long & extensive compared to other study materials such as Kaplan, EK, etc etc. Thanks!

I dont understand this question. Are you referring to the AAMC practice tests?
Those ARE actual MCATs from past years released so you have an accurate sample tests. The other practice material was written by test prep companies to EMULATE the MCAT. In general, most people think stuff from Kaplan, TPR are slightly more difficult long and intimidating, but that's what trains you to dominate on the actual MCAT.

i felt the only section of the actual mcat that resembled the aamc practice tests was the verbal section. It was pretty straightforward, unlike the rest of the exam. The practice exams from TPR, Kaplan etc are much harder.