AAMC Verbal SUPER BORING

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

kech611

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I just took my first FL and got a 8 on the verbal for the free AAMC Test 3. The reading seemed so difficult and boring! I could barely grasp what the author was trying to say. I've been getting straight 10 and 11's on EK 101:

EK 1: 10
EK 2: 11
EK 3: 10
EK 4: 11
EK 5: 11
EK 6: 10
EK 7: 10
EK 8: 10
EK 9: 11

WTH do I do?! :(

Members don't see this ad.

I just took my first FL and got a 8 on the verbal for the free AAMC Test 3. The reading seemed so difficult and boring! I could barely grasp what the author was trying to say. I've been getting straight 10 and 11's on EK 101:

I totally agree. The same thing happened with me as I was using the EK 101 and when I took the AAMC FL 3, I got a 7. Try reading some newspapers and summarize the main topics. I'd recommend reading the new yorker

I was getting around 9-11 on all the EK 101 tests, and gotta 6 on AAMC3..dont trip

Yea. 3 is pretty boring but try placing yourself within the actual story...as if you are a repoter or a journalist. I found this act more helpful as far as concentration goes. :thumbup: The more engaged you are the greater your focus will be.

Members don't see this ad :)
I found that if you try to pretend that you're interested you will actually become a little more engaged in the passage. It sounds silly, but it may help you.

Also, I really wouldn't worry about becoming bored on the actual MCAT. If you care at all about your score you're going to be incredibly alert. I took it on Saturday and I honestly couldn't tell you whether I found the passages interesting or not. I was too concerned with deciphering the passages and answering the questions.

The reading seemed so difficult and boring!

Is this post serious? :rolleyes:

Stop whining.

1.) The author of this reply would most likely agree with which of the following statements:

I. "The OP needs to suck it up."
II. "No one reading a primary cares abut how boring the applicant found the MCAT."
III. "Serious trolls are whiners."

A. I and II only
B. II only
C. I and III only
D. I, II and III

Last edited: