1. Hey Guest! Check out the 3 MCAT Study Plan Options listed in the 'stickies' area at the top of the forums (BoomBoom, SN2ed, and MCATJelly). Let us know which you like best.

Also, we now offer a MCAT Test-Prep Exhibitions Forum where you can ask questions directly from the test-prep services.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
  3. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

aamc verbal vs the real thing

Discussion in 'MCAT Discussions' started by deathvvv, Jun 20, 2008.

1. deathvvv

10+ Year Member

Medical Student
    Hey guys

The passages on the aamc verbal is about 550-625 words long. Is the real one longer? If so, by how much? Also, would I have trouble finishing if I can finish aamc and EK verbal 101 tests with about a minute to spare?

Thanks

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. zenlike

zenlike I'll see you in health.
    5+ Year Member

Medical Student
    I felt that the passages were about the same length as the AAMC practice tests and the EK 101 tests. The VR passages that I took on the 5/27/08 MCAT seemed to be about the same difficulty as the moderate and difficult passages in EK 101. I was finishing each passage a minute or two early as well and it seemed to take me the same amount of time on the real MCAT.

4. EveeSTi

EveeSTi MS-0
    2+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    I took the June 13 test and the verbal section took about as long as any other practice I took. That being said, it felt WAY harder. I was consistently scoring well on EK tests, the answers seemed a lot clearer and the questions seemed less convoluted. The real thing, however, was much more difficult for me. And I work very well under stress... Were I you I would focus on TPR verbals, they were closer in difficulty.