aamc verbal vs the real thing

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

deathvvv

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys

The passages on the aamc verbal is about 550-625 words long. Is the real one longer? If so, by how much? Also, would I have trouble finishing if I can finish aamc and EK verbal 101 tests with about a minute to spare?

Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

I felt that the passages were about the same length as the AAMC practice tests and the EK 101 tests. The VR passages that I took on the 5/27/08 MCAT seemed to be about the same difficulty as the moderate and difficult passages in EK 101. I was finishing each passage a minute or two early as well and it seemed to take me the same amount of time on the real MCAT.

I took the June 13 test and the verbal section took about as long as any other practice I took. That being said, it felt WAY harder. I was consistently scoring well on EK tests, the answers seemed a lot clearer and the questions seemed less convoluted. The real thing, however, was much more difficult for me. And I work very well under stress... Were I you I would focus on TPR verbals, they were closer in difficulty.