AAMC VI quesions

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

twesting2173

15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
i wondered if someone coudl help me with these problems from AAMC VI. (That test killed me, especailly the verbal)

bio #175: how could an exogenous gene introduced into a somatic cell be passed on to offspring? i thought that this only occured with germ cells were altered.

bio #176: UGH? i thought that all cells had the same DNA, but that expression differed from cell to cell. the answer to this quesiton says that different cells contain different genes.

okay...last one...

physics #128: how many grams of Lead(II) iodide are present in 100ml of a saturated solution. i know this is easy, but i'm dumb.

thanks everyone.

Members don't see this ad.

oh oh oh....i just flipped back to the post about the typo in the bio section of the MCAT. forget about my two bio questions...man that's a relief...i thought i was going crazy!

sorry, i shoudl have looked back earlier.

LOL I had the same issue when i was going over the exam today in the bio section. I was like now this is very interesting cuz i would think otherwise. lol Then when i looked at the solution manuals explanation I noticed the mistake and breathed a sigh of relief. Too bad the 2 extra questions didnt move my score up. Oh well. But you know what I realized how careful you have to be in bubbling. In the phys science i graded my test and got a 9 but when i saw some answers i circled werent what i bubbled i realized i missed 5 more questions which really meant i got a 10-11. Dont know how i that happened but oh well. I better not do that on the real test.

okay, i am totally confused now. It's the somatic cells that are not 'changeable' and ther germ cells are changeable? Is it saying that germ cells (sperm, ovum) could be altered and not somatic cells?