AAMC VITA Hard Deadline?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

satdixon

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys! One of the schools I am interviewing at said VITA is a supplement to the real interview, which will be weighted more. They ask that the VITA be completed by your actual interview date so that the committee can have all the materials together. Do you guys think it matters if I submit after the 2 weeks soft deadline in this case? My laptop broke down, and I am wondering if I should wait for the repair guy to fix it or buy a new one since the repair guy said it might take about 2 weeks

Members don't see this ad.

Lmao wondering this also bc I have Covid right now...but in regards to time stamps, does the vita say when it was submitted? I’m on the west coast so would I need to submit by midnight east coast time if that’s where the school is?

Lmao wondering this also bc I have Covid right now...but in regards to time stamps, does the vita say when it was submitted? I’m on the west coast so would I need to submit by midnight east coast time if that’s where the school is?
I was looking at the premed reddit and people are saying that as long as you have it by your schools AAMC VITA deadline then you should be fine. Some schools have it like 2 weeks after receiving the invite, while others are before the committee meets. I am not too sure, so hoping for some input from other people. I haven't submitted yet so idk about the timestamps lol

Members don't see this ad :)
I would say it is better to submit within the deadline. Better to follow the guideline than not.
You probably don't want to appear as someone who can't follow instructions should someone catch on.
Can you borrow a laptop or hasten the repair?

Quoting from my other post, AAMC will send you an email upon completing VITA so there is a timestamp in the email header.

Last edited:
I would say it is better to submit within the deadline. Better to follow the guideline than not.
You probably don't want to appear as someone who can't follow instructions should someone catch on.
Can you borrow a laptop or hasten the repair?

Quoting from my other post, AAMC will send you an email upon completing VITA so there is a timestamp in the email header.
I'll have my laptop by the school's deadline, which is the interview deadline. I am just worried about the 2 week soft deadline that everyone is talking about

I'll have my laptop by the school's deadline, which is the interview deadline. I am just worried about the 2 week soft deadline that everyone is talking about
If your school didn't state the 2-week deadline, then it doesn't apply. The deadlines are school-specific. So if you could submit your VITA on the interview date (your school's deadline), then it shouldn't be an issue.

Reactions: 1 user
Awesome! Thank you so much for the help @Sarnius, really appreciate you helping clear some confusion!