aamc vs. scored contrast?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Petrichor1

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Just wondering if anyone not score as well on Princeton/Kaplan/AAMC but ended up doing decently on the real test?

I know there is a thread about contrasts but I want exclusively people's opinions on who didn't do as well (~500-505 on AAMC) and ended up getting a decent (>508) score on the real thing.

Members don't see this ad.

Just wondering if anyone not score as well on Princeton/Kaplan/AAMC but ended up doing decently on the real test?

I know there is a thread about contrasts but I want exclusively people's opinions on who didn't do as well (~500-505 on AAMC) and ended up getting a decent (>508) score on the real thing.
You exclusively want examples of relatively rare occurrences that you hope happen to you? That's a sampling bias if I've ever seen one..

Reactions: 1 user
You exclusively want examples of relatively rare occurrences that you hope happen to you? That's a sampling bias if I've ever seen one..
I thought that is why I particularly opened this thread lol. And that is why I asked, to know exactly how rare that is. Clearly AAMC does not release this information, and clearly SDN is a collective data of confirmation bias where high scorers report their experiences more over those that don't. And I wouldn't mind people sharing their experiences after scoring low on the AAMC. Doesn't have to be a high score.

It happens.. on my MCAT I had some passages on the B/B and P/S sections that were very similar to research articles I had to study for undergrad. If you get topics that are your strengths you can definitely luck out and inflate your score.