AAMC website - Careers in Medicine

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

drdel

An educated fool
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I know this is a long shot, but I thought I'd try...

This past weekend I sat in on the AAMC annual conference in Boston. There was an interesting panel on their Careers in Medicine website and I'd love to take a closer look at it, but my school isn't one of the ones on their main list. I spoke with the panelists afterward about this and they said they're going to implement a fee-for-access portal in about a year, but I really would like to check it out as soon as possible; I can't wait that long.

So, any med students not using their account, or know of a way to get their advisor to generate an access code for them, that they could let me use? I have no interest in the rest of the site, I just wanted to check out the CiM pages and the new revised MSPI algorithm.

I would really owe you one. Please PM me if you want to find out more about me to see if I'm trustworthy and all that, and to see if maybe there's some kind of favor I can do for you in return :)

Members don't see this ad.

Correct me if I'm totally wrong, but I believe you only need an access code if you are not a U.S. allopathic medical student. You can log in and create an account using the same username and password that you used to fill out AMCAS. Our school requires us to have an account and I believe that is how we were instructed to set it up.

Correct me if I'm totally wrong, but I believe you only need an access code if you are not a U.S. allopathic medical student.

Unfortunately, this is not only correct, but also the heart of the situation. The AAMC recognizes a few foreign medical schools and gives them access to the pages, but not all, as seems to be the case with my European allopathic school.

Members don't see this ad :)
Just took the new MSPI...wow some weird questions. A ton about if I want to know about sexual histories of patients or deal with their psychotic behavior. Needlesss to say, those were all 1..and the results!

Ortho: 69%
GS: 20%
ER: 4%
dotrose.jpg
dotinv.gif

Any luck getting an access code?

Any luck getting an access code?

Unfortunately, no :/ I thought if anyone could help me out, it'd be someone on SDN, but I guess maybe not. Still, I had to try.

I got Radiology-Diagnostic 42%, Internal Medicine 36%, Surgery-General 5%, Emergency Medicine 5%. Kind of interesting. ER was lower than I would have thought.