AAMCAS GPA and senior year grades??

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

sultana

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was wondering what the deal was with senior year grades and AAMCAS GPA....I know you enter in all your grades from all the classes you've taken so far, but I heard that some schools only factor your first three years into your GPA? The reason I'm asking is because my senior year was pretty stellar in comparison to other years (and it shows a strong upward trend in science courses.)

Members don't see this ad.

I was wondering what the deal was with senior year grades and AAMCAS GPA....I know you enter in all your grades from all the classes you've taken so far, but I heard that some schools only factor your first three years into your GPA? The reason I'm asking is because my senior year was pretty stellar in comparison to other years (and it shows a strong upward trend in science courses.)

That's because when most people apply, they ARE seniors and don't have their grades yet.

As far as I know, University of Washington doesn't really give senior year consideration. They use a weighted system, giving junior year the most consideration, but they don't count senior year (at least formally) since most students don't have that year on their records...I remember reading this somewhere, but I could be wrong...