AAMC's most recent posts regarding Roadmaps for content

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

JustinM88

5+ Year Member
2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Not sure if yall have checked these out yet (these are the images/links related to their posts):
biochemthumbnail.png__225x160_q85_crop_subsampling-2_upscale.png

https://aamc-orange.global.ssl.fastly.net/production/media/filer_public/46/95/46958829-a80c-43f3-9c11-3520c0c7a61e/biochem_roadmap_final.pdf
graphic_psychology-sociology_mcat.jpg__215x160_q85_crop_subsampling-2_upscale.jpg

https://aamc-orange.global.ssl.fast...4-4beb-9c5d-2af37acc7bfb/psychsoctextbook.pdf

I was wondering what yalls thoughts are on these. Could you use this Boundless website for all of your content, or would you have to buy the books that they list? In these roadmaps there are links that correspond to each official MCAT topic, but then there is another column that states page numbers like in a book. I'm bit confused because I don't know if I would need that book or if I can just use the website provided...?

Members don't see this ad.

I looked at those and would say they are more a guide. If you're going to focus on the AAMC materials and have sufficient pre-req courses for the exam including biochemistry, genetics, etc - I'm not sure that buying all those books listed next to each line item is worth the money.

In fact, I can honestly say, I do not know one person who bought all of them or any significant piece of them. The only text book I regularly see mentioned here and on /r is Leininger's (or however it's spelled) Biochemistry book. And even that material you can get from AKLectures.com or Khan Academy.

I looked at those and would say they are more a guide. If you're going to focus on the AAMC materials and have sufficient pre-req courses for the exam including biochemistry, genetics, etc - I'm not sure that buying all those books listed next to each line item is worth the money.

In fact, I can honestly say, I do not know one person who bought all of them or any significant piece of them. The only text book I regularly see mentioned here and on /r is Leininger's (or however it's spelled) Biochemistry book. And even that material you can get from AKLectures.com or Khan Academy.

Of course I would not buy the physical books. Did you browse the linked website (each link is found in the column to the right of the column that lists the official MCAT topics) and see if that has enough content?

Reactions: 1 user
I did look at the side notes and then tossed it aside. Everything you need you can get from the AAMC bundle pack including the AAMC flashcards.

Supplement that with Khan for psych/soc and AKlectures.com for anything else.