1. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Hey Texans—join us for a DFW meetup! Click here to learn more.

AAO offers free job search database for ophthalmologists

Discussion in 'Ophthalmology: Eye Physicians & Surgeons' started by Andrew_Doan, May 5, 2004.

1. Andrew_Doan

Andrew_Doan Doc, Author, Entrepreneur
    Physician Moderator Emeritus Lifetime Donor Classifieds Approved 15+ Year Member

Attending Physician
  2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. USFOptho

USFOptho Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

Andrew,

after browsing some of the florida positions, I notice that the salaries for retina guys are being offered at 106k-130k, and a general opth being offered 126. Highest I saw was occuloplastics at 200k+. Aren't these salaries REALLY low compared to the surveys we have seen? Generally Florida has higher than average salaries, because it is in the south east. Thanks....

4. Andrew_Doan

Andrew_Doan Doc, Author, Entrepreneur
    Physician Moderator Emeritus Lifetime Donor Classifieds Approved 15+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    This seems to be the going rate for new ophthalmologists (i.e. first 3 years of practice). Most salary surveys report salaries of experienced physicians.

5. Mirror Form

Mirror Form Thyroid Storm
    10+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    You'll notice that most offers had the option for "partnership." You don't see the higher salaries until you buy in and become a partner which takes a few years of working as an associate at a lower salary.

6. USFOptho

USFOptho Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

Thanks guys!