AAPM&R Meet-Up?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Members don't see this ad :)
Can't make this year. Awaiting AAPMR to tell the board to end the reign of terror MOC.

Tell me they're about to do this immediately Steve.

One can only dream.

I'll be at AAPM&R. I haven't looked at the program yet to see what is going on in the evenings. We can plan dinner one of the nights.

Why? So we can bicker about politics?

Barf:
If you're a diplomate of the ABPMR, get your "Board Certified" pin from the ABPMR booth during the Annual Assembly. When you wear it, you let your patients know you're committed to excellence in physiatry.

Barf:
If you're a diplomate of the ABPMR, get your "Board Certified" pin from the ABPMR booth during the Annual Assembly. When you wear it, you let your patients know you're committed to excellence in physiatry.

Are U fcking kidding me?

"Hi, I wasted $10,000's and weeks of time getting this pin to prove I'm a doctor???"

Reactions: 1 users
Barf:

I want a pin that says "MOC Obedient" to demonstrating to my patients that I have been raped by the ABPMR into useless busywork and testing, taking time away from the patient that is reading it.

Reactions: 1 user
I want a pin that says "MOC Obedient" to demonstrating to my patients that I have been raped by the ABPMR into useless busywork and testing, taking time away from the patient that is reading it.

We'll all be shoulder-to-shoulder in the rice paddies...wearing our pins...

Reactions: 1 user
On a somewhat related note, any references on how to prepare for the PM&R MOC exam in 2018 ?

We'll all be shoulder-to-shoulder in the rice paddies...wearing our pins...

Can't recall, did Physiatrists do the same thing as the internists did (uprising)?

That should have provided adequate cover (precedent) for them to suspend MOC.

Irritating.

does the concept of MOC - in other peoples opinion - help to distinguish between physicians and "advanced practice providers"? CME for the sake of accumulating a number to tell someone "I did continuing education" frankly is ridiculous, when one looks at what is available "to learn" (and the same goes for most of MOC).

if we want to be better than these pretenders, shouldnt quality continuing education be part of it?