1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice

ABA Written August 2011 - what to bring

Discussion in 'Anesthesiology' started by canukmd, Jul 23, 2011.

1. canukmd

canukmd New Member
    7+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    Some help if any of you can provide it. In the midst of moving, unpacking and starting a fellowship I can't tell if I'm coming or going.

Can't remember if I was sent anything by the ABA (i.e. letter, exam ticket etc.) to bring with me on the day of the exam. I looked at the e-mail from the Pearson Vue folks and all it says is to arrive 30min prior to start time and bring government issued ID. I called the test center and the guy there sounded like he was working with one neuron.

So I just want to confirm with others that are taking the exam next week if all I have to take with me is my ID. I'd hate to show up and be told I'm missing something - other than a solid knowledge base.

Thanks in advance.

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. Bertelman

Bertelman Maverick!
    10+ Year Member

Attending Physician
  4. rsgillmd

rsgillmd ASA Member
    7+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    You got it. That's all you need -- ID and that letter from Pearson with your time.

They'll give you a locker in which you can place your cell phone, watch, etc.

Relax, get it done, and move on. It's a much shorter test than it used to be. If you are taking the earliest test in the morning, you'll be out by noonish (depends what time you actually get started and if you use all of your time).

5. sevoflurane

15+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    Don't forgett one of these....

[​IMG]

And have one of these handy for when you are done....

[​IMG]

Good luck... :luck:

6. nap$ter

nap$ter ASA Member
    10+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    yeah - same boat - looks like just ID is needed. and a thorough knowledge of historical esoterica.

7. fabfive5

fabfive5 ASA Member
    10+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    I took it last August...

1. Brought ID and Pearson letter as mentioned earlier
    2. A snack bar of some sort with lots of carbs and some simple sugars for the second half.

Leave EVERYTHING (except your wallet maybe) in the locker. They are very strict about rules. My place gave me a key for my locker so I left everything except the clothes I was wearing.

My friend who took it w/ me at the same place did not take a break. I took 15 of the 20 mins alotted. Up to you and your testing style.

You'll do great!

....now back to studying for the Orals!

8. canukmd

canukmd New Member
    7+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    Thanks for the info - one less thing for me to worry about in the coming week.